Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
J.P. Morgan is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious financial services institutions. The Commercial Banking (CB) division represents a strategically important business to the firm, delivering extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to over 24,000 clients including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities. In Asia Pacific, Commercial Banking serves subsidiaries of US multi-national organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from US$ 20 million to US$ 2 billion, with more than 2,000 clients across the region.
An opportunity exists to join the APAC team of J.P. Morgan’s Commercial Bank in the capacity of an Analyst located in Bangalore, India.
The APAC Commercial Banking Team is responsible for the overall relationship management and banking & transaction services requirements of the APAC subsidiaries of our US clients. Leveraging the firm’s capabilities to meet our client’s domestic and international financial needs, the team provides dedicated client service, local market expertise and industry knowledge, combined with active coordination, domestically, regionally and internationally of J.P. Morgan’s extensive product and service expertise to deliver comprehensive solutions across multiple product and service disciplines. Traditional Commercial Banking product and service capabilities include, but are not limited to: treasury services, trade finance, bilateral and syndicated commercial lending, investment banking services and asset management.
Support the business to manage and develop a diverse and growing portfolio of clients, with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Track transaction pipeline and reporting, Create implementation requests & monitor progress.
- Profile companies through financial and business analysis to identify opportunities relevant to our international capabilities
- Generate pitch books and other marketing materials
- Prepare presentations for management, client meetings and internal business reviews
- Support bankers to capture and track the client calling efforts/ reports
- Establish and maintain local contacts with Commercial Banking clients, working closely with the relationship managers to help support and coordinate client activities. Work with US based International team and Coverage Bankers to identify opportunities and increase wallet share of existing clients. Typical client requirements will focus on banking and transaction services, including cash management, liquidity and cross currency products & services
- Support in sizing up market opportunity/ wallet/ new clients & overall pipeline development / prospecting in consultation with the relationship managers
- The incumbent will manage the sales pipeline, book accurate and timely client call memos, and be responsible for preparation of proposals and presentations for existing and prospective clients, MIS, analysis, client and prospect lists, etc.
- Support the implementation of client solutions, attend to client service requests, annual reviews of facilities, credit and portfolio statistical reporting, ad hoc reporting. and keep abreast of new product and relevant technology
- Work with HQ team, CB regional and global client coverage and deal teams, Client Service, Operations, Product, and Legal to optimize product and service delivery to clients
- Work on local and regional projects from time to time
- Work closely with the relationship manager and teams on ground to help coordinate and support the servicing needs as well as sales requirements
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Minimum 3 years industry experience within the institutional or corporate sectors, including a position in an analyst type role. Experience in client relationship management within these sectors would be a key advantage.
- A solid understanding of the Indian financial services markets, corporate banking products, debt products, cash management, trade finance, foreign exchange .
- Strong analytics, computer, power point/ pitchpro/ excel skills.
- Proven ability to work professionally and effectively across diverse product and service capabilities, teamwork
- Excellence in oral and written communication with proven strength for personal engagement
- Self-starting with clear results orientation and a capacity to operate independently, appropriately balancing short, medium and long term objectives
- Flexibility to co-ordinate and manage multiple transactions and processes contemporaneously ensuring delivery against deadlines, client expectations and business priorities.
- Ability to work consistently across different time zones and geographies, dealing with numerous stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self starter and team orientated. Attitude to learn & develop skills is critical.
- MBA/Degree Qualified in Business, Finance, Accounting &/or Economics
- CFA or CA is a strong advantage
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.