Job Location: New York, NY
Data Analytics at JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company’s unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. We strive to be leaders in technological innovation by deploying cutting-edge AI techniques and driving the first adoption of strategic cloud platforms. At the same time, culture matters to us and we have worked hard to foster a community amongst all AI and ML practitioners firm-wide to promote sharing, collaboration, learning and, most importantly, fun.
In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making. This is a leadership position within the firm’s Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with CIB Operations.
We are looking for an outstanding, Vice President (Technical Product Owner). A highly motivated, self-starter with strong analytical skills and thought leadership is required to drive key strategic Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programs and transformation initiatives designed to enhance business processes for CIB Operations. The Technical Product Owner is responsible for managing all technical aspects of product development and is a subject matter expert who uses their technical background to bridge the gap between the Product and Technical side of product development. They are responsible for gathering business and user requirements, translate them into feature requests and prioritize them for development via the scrum. The role demands superior analytical skills, technical abilities, flexibility to manage multiple deliverables, an ability to recommend, influence and implement change, a confident leader possessing a strength of personality and intellect to gain the respect of demanding business heads and senior partners.
- Take lead of the scrum teams as a Product Owner.
- Contributes to the tactical (3-6 months) product vision and roadmap leveraging technical expertise and product backlog.
- Breaks milestones into feature and story requirements for the scrum team.
- Owns the product backlog and implementation plan incl. feature releases.
- Iterate product and feature requirements based on customer feedback.
- Work with development teams in effort estimation and acceptance criteria
- Communicate competitive landscape and industry standards relevant to a product
- Adjudge and explain what value certain software engineering models and practices bring to current line of work
- Collaborate with other J.P. Morgan AI, machine learning and quantitative teams
- Work closely with ML/AI, technology, product, and business partners across JPMC to maximize sharing of information and best-practices
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
- MS or BS in highly quantitative subjects and at least 8-10 years of product management experience
- Track record of delivering customer-facing AI/ML products (beyond Proof of Concepts/Technology)
- Proven experience developing product vision, strategy and go-to-market strategies for AI/ML products
- Experience estimating value of software features via cost-benefit analysis, prioritising the milestones in a time-fenced manner
- In-depth knowledge of running teams using agile methodologies like Lean, FDD, SAFe, Scrum, etc.
- Strong negotiation, planning and organisational skills with proven experience of recommending implementation strategies to ensure successful delivery of programs and projects
- The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance
- Extensive experience managing teams, in a direct and matrix capacity. Proven ability to develop, coach and drive high performing teams
- Proven experience with the management of decision processes at large organisations, with ability to communicate technical information and ideas at all levels.
- Familiarity with core areas in Operations or business asset classes is preferable
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans