Job Location: Bellevue, WA
The Microsoft Experimentation Platform (ExP) is a team within the Cloud & AI (C&AI) organization. We have been researching, developing, and operating ExP for over 15 years.
We are building a platform in Azure that accelerates innovations for key partners in Microsoft by testing innovative ideas quickly and reliably. Examples include: What factors affect the quality of the Azure user experience? What causes users to make a first payment with Xbox? What features in Office drive users to love the product and want to use them more? The list of needs grows every day. We are now at the next phase of our mission: building the ExP platform in Azure. Come and join us in the experimentation revolution!
Read more about the team and our blog posts here:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, causal inference, and the presentation of data to analyze experiments and provide algorithmic problem-solving solutions.
- Build data manipulation, processing, and data visualization tools and share these tools and your knowledge across the team, C&AI, and Microsoft.
- Develop novel statistical methods to help teams better measure user engagement and satisfaction with Microsoft products.
- Handle large amounts of data using various tools, including your own. We prefer knowledge of Python, Java, or C# as well as SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, or Spark but are open to all languages.
- Ensure high-quality data and understand how data which is generated out of experimental design can produce actionable, trustworthy business conclusions.
- Partner with internal clients such as Xbox, Windows, VS Code, Teams, Microsoft Office 365 and engage with senior management in making key business decisions and help drive long term experimentation growth across all Microsoft products.
- Mentor and collaborate with others in the team.
- 2+ years‘ experience in applied statistics & mathematics skills: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, regression.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or a related mathematical field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical IT work experience is required.
- PhD or Master’s degree preferred
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.