Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Portland, OR
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, ODS, now Moda, is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
We are seeking a SQL Software Engineer in our IT department. This position will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, maintaining, and implementing back-end Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL objects and SSIS packages used to process inbound and outbound transactions with our business partners with a strong focus on stored procedures; work with Business Analysts and other teammates to understand business requirements/processes to provide technical and system support; create technical design documents.
This position is currently full time work from home and is accepting candidates from AK, AZ, FL, ID, OR, TX, WA. Must have strong internet capabilities!
Required Skills, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Services, or similar) with 3+ years’ experience; or 7+ years of relevant SQL programming experience.
- Deep understanding of relational database design, development, and support (MS SQL Server T-SQL preferred)
- Experience in complex database objects in T-SQL and/or PLSQL
- Experience in systems analysis
- Knowledge of basic database security practices.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and adept at problem-solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure, work with frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities.
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
- Ability to come into work on time daily.
- Maintain existing stored procedures and systems.
- Design and develop new stored procedures and systems as part of the implementation of new business requirements.
- Work with clients to identify and understand requirements to satisfy business processes\requirements.
- Develop detailed technical design specifications, which include file layouts, program functions and job flow.
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality, and tuning for performance
- Develop and maintain documentation of all objects associated with a project.
- Ensure that new systems integrate into current batch cycles.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Assist with training and technical support of others on staff.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the business unit(s) being supported.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Pharmacy
- 401K and FSA
- PTO and Company Paid Holidays
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.