Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Lake Forest, IL
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
As a Supply Chain Data Engineer III, you will identify, acquire, and assemble the datasets needed for analytics professionals across functions to generate business insights and take fact-based actions. You will work independently to furnish an advantaged data warehouse so that team members can effectively execute their responsibilities for the betterment of the company and our customers. Will report to the Manager Data Management.
- Identify and prioritize data acquisition targets in partnership with analytics teams across the Grainger Supply Chain’s organization.
- Assemble large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Build required tools for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Build product features to enable self-service analytics
- Partner with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Create repeatable data transformations and aggregations adhering to quality standards that make the resulting “single source of truth” datasets easy for analysts to find, understand, and utilize.
- Modify and enhance previously developed datasets in partnership with other functional areas as business conditions and strategies evolve.
- Support the Grainger Supply Chain Analyst community’s proficient use of the cloud warehouse through clear onboarding procedures and governance protocols.
- 4-5 years of experience in SQL, Snowflake, Python, Docker, Airflow, CI/CD, DAGs, Dbt, Git / Bitbucket and data visualization software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Hands-on experience with modern data engineering projects and practices
- Experience leading data integration efforts of internal and external data sources
- Experience partnering with internal departments to establish requirements
- Excellent project planning, execution, and implementation.
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.