Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager, Business Analytics Platforms. This role is part of Global Architecture & PaaS, Global Platforms aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible. The candidate needs to have a strong understanding of technical concepts, excellent attention to detail, data accuracy, and management, strong verbal and written communication skills, and be self-motivated and operates with a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
We are building and supporting petabyte-class solutions that consume fast moving streams from eCommerce, retail and partner channels to power the critical decisions that drive our business. You will be a key part of Nike’s Digital Transformation initiative to help deliver efficient data access, reliable data warehousing platforms, enhanced compliance and reduced risk. You should have extensive experience in many of the specific technical skills we’re looking for and be expert enough to help ramp up others quickly.
- As an Engineering Manager, you will spend 60% of time on Technology and 40% on management
- You will help build and deliver modern foundational platforms that provide Business Analytics capabilities and Mobile Analytics capabilities
- Drive your team to establish standard methodologies, define success and develop critical metrics to continuously evolve feature delivery & scale production operations.
- Partner and engage with multiple data engineering squads and their leadership to align on platform-centric roadmap & requirements that will support thousands of data engineers and data scientists.
- Work closely with engineering leadership, product leadership, architects and program to develop and contribute to foundational platform roadmaps.
- Partner with Principle Engineers & Principle Architects to develop tools and frameworks for improving security, reliability, maintainability, availability, scalability, self-serviceability and performance of your platform’s foundation.
- When moving quickly, requirements and technical direction may not always be clear, and the Engineering Manager is encouraged to step in, set that direction, measure results and adjust.
- Drive/help in breaking down technical work during sprint planning and ensure product and technical features are delivered to spec and on-time.
- Ensure solutions are designed and developed using a scalable & resilient cloud native architecture.
- Coach, mentor, grow, groom & hire best-in class engineering talent.
- Embrace and embody Nike’s core values (maxims) in your work and interactions with peers, stakeholders, and direct reports.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Global Architecture and PaaS and work closely with Business Intelligence Foundation teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience managing enterprise class Business Intelligence platforms, reporting/analytics development, or application administration engineering teams
- Good hands-on experience in either of the configuration management tools (Terraform or Ansible or Puppet)
- 3+ years of experience of AWS infrastructure and software deployment, AWS Associate Architect certification preferred
- 3+ years of experience directly developing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Advanced level knowledge of Linux OS system administration, Windows OS experience is a plus
- Proven ability to drive Agile program increment and sprint planning ceremonies
- Proven ability to engineer new application infrastructure and software deployments on highly technical products
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with team members who may be remote or local on a range of technical and organizational subjects
- Proven ability to work effectively with peer managers throughout the organization to agree and achieve shared goals
- Must deeply understand the needs of software engineers, both as team members and as customers
- Must be proficient in a variety of management techniques
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.