Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Beavercreek, OH
Requisition ID: R10072155
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Beavercreek, Ohio, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Northrop Grumman Mission Planning and Decision Support (MPDS) Artificial Intelligence (AI) Center of Excellence in Beavercreek, Ohio is seeking a highly motivated Ph.D. to join our team. We have a state-of-the-art research facility where our team works on some of the most challenging problems related to AI Augmentation and Automation. Research areas include advanced AI-based natural language processing (NLP), natural language understanding (NLU), Natural Language Generation (NLG), AI-based decision-making, and sensor fusion. We are on the cutting edge of responsible AI and explainable AI adoption. We invite you to apply to this requisition so you can come in and learn about the exciting research we do and tell us about how you can help our team!
Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad skill set balanced between interpersonal and technical capabilities achieving sustainable quality products. They will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The selected candidates will work closely with other software engineers to accomplish the following:
- Define, develop, and deliver novel mathematical and statistical modeling and algorithm development to tackle the challenges of prediction, optimization, and classification.
- Apply machine learning algorithms to large sets of structured and unstructured data to solve a broad range of problems that include applications in pattern recognition, target detection and tracking, decision support systems, and robotic systems.
- Prototype advanced artificial intelligence techniques to stretch the capability of autonomous systems research and development programs.
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deploy machine learning algorithms for testing and is in production systems.
- Regularly demonstrate progress to customers.
- Sr. Principal AI SW Engineer: Ph.D. from accredited institution and 4 years of relevant work experience.
Staff AI SW Engineer: Ph.D. from accredited institution and 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with the application of Natural Language Processing models to solve novel AIML problems
- Experience developing systems with AI/ML frameworks and libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, and Scikit-learn.
- Development experience should span the ML pipeline and include: working with novel datasets, training and fine-tuning ML systems, modifying existing deep learning architectures as well as coding from architecture diagrams, and evaluating system performance using established and novel metrics and methods.
- Ability to carry out rapid prototyping and proof-of-concept demonstrations.
- Possess general familiarity with applied machine learning concepts including: multilayer perceptrons, CNNs, LSTMs, transformer models, unsupervised learning methods, reinforcement learning methods, as well as statistical modeling methods and graphical models.
- Possess general familiarity with computational and statistical learning theory.
- Experience mapping from novel problem spaces to the AI domain.
- Experience with engineering AI/ML solutions from conceptual specification to pipeline implementation.
- Ability to lead a team of junior engineers to build AI/ML solutions to meet specs.
- Ability to work independently in a highly experimental research setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate system properties and results to technical staff as well as non-technical management and leadership stakeholders.
- Able to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing services.
- Experience with microservice architectures and related software methods including containerization and container orchestration.
- Familiarity with explainable AI, adversarial AI, active learning, and third wave approaches to AI.
- Experience with web application development frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI.
- Familiarity with DevOps and DevSecOps concepts.
- Familiarity with signal processing, information theory, topological data analysis, or genetic algorithms.
- Experience working in Agile software development environment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.