Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Portland, OR
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
NV5 Geospatial is the largest full-service geospatial solutions provider in North America. We deliver actionable intelligence and geospatial analytics to those who want to map, model, and change the world. Our Innovation team is on the cutting edge of products and techniques for the most sophisticated geospatial datasets available. We work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and have lofty goals ahead of us. We are looking for a Python developer to assist our data production teams with scripts or software to improve our data processing workflows. Our ideal candidate has experience using open source and proprietary geospatial processing libraries.
- Create and update existing scripts or tools to make workflows more efficient or for new requirements
- Maintain best practices such as adhering to style guidelines and leveraging version control systems
- Develop and maintain software solutions as part of a cross-functional team
- Implement and troubleshoot complex solutions for a wide array of geospatial applications
- Prototype and develop solutions with a team
- Provide a broad range of technical problem-solving skills
- Apply software development lifecycle methodology to ensure quality solutions are designed, developed and delivered
- Participate in technical discussions with Project Managers and Product Owners
- Attend daily standup meetings and report progress to team
- Ability to explain technical jargon in an easy-to-understand manner
- Experience using open-source Python libraries to automate steps in geospatial processing workflows
- Familiarity or experience in some of following: OGR, GDAL, Django, Fiona, Rasterio, Shapely, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, OpenCV, Dask, Matplotlib, Bokeh, pandas, GeoPandas, Laspy
- Basic understanding of geospatial concepts like projections/coordinate systems, vector data, rasters and LiDAR.
- Aware of distributed processing environments
- Experience with GitHub and Jira
- Experience using ArcPy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Geographic Information Sciences (GIS) or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience (professionally or academically)
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Submit CV To All Data Science Job Consultants Across United States For Free