Job Location: Remote
We are the world’s largest university press. We have both a worldwide reach and a personal understanding of local needs, partnering on the ground to adapt publications and resources to meet the individual needs of communities, societies, and countries. We partner with researchers, educators, and technology partners to stay ahead of the changing ways people around the world are accessing and sharing knowledge. With a presence in more than 50 countries and millions of customers around the world, an idea launched at OUP can have global impact.
More about OUP
Advancing Knowledge and Learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
To increase usage and ensure retention of Oxford University Press digital resources by providing post-sales training and support that is appropriate to each customer in coordination with the Higher Education sales, marketing, technical support, and customer support teams.
- Work with sales colleagues to prioritize accounts based on size, potential for development, renewal risk, sales campaigns, and other factors. Use this information to offer appropriate levels of support for each account.
- Implement post-sales training, onboarding, and support programs for higher education accounts and customers and analyze their success by reporting on effects on usage, retention rate, trial conversion, sales, and other metrics.
- Monitor high-risk accounts showing low unit purchases, low enrollment, and other metrics.
- Be fully able to demonstrate all HE digital products in-person as well as virtually, both for large crowds and for individuals, and understand their usage potential and future strategy to enable intensive training and answer questions for customers and end-users.
- Working with your manager and global team, create training materials and best-practice guides, including videos, webinar recordings, and user guides, that demonstrate how customers can get the most out of our products and help ensure retention.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Higher Ed digital publishing industry, Higher Ed online products, and relevant systems and tools (including Salesforce.com, Tableau, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, D2L, etc.)
- Maintain awareness of what competitors are doing with similar roles and share the information with sales and marketing colleagues
- Establish links with all relevant OUP departments, including sales, marketing, support, editorial and publishing, in order to channel customer feedback effectively and to keep up to date with all relevant developments.
- Receive incoming customer queries through email, phone, and chat and manage queries or forward to appropriate support team. Communicate query progress to sales team to ensure consistency in support.
- Drive customer success with skills, information, and on-going training and assistance they need to maximize the impact of OUP’s Higher Ed digital products in their course each term.
- Experience in higher education publishing, customer training, and/or LMS integration
- Demonstrable experience of training small and large professional groups, both face-to-face and via web conferencing
- Experience applying technology in an educational or corporate setting and demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly
- Experience in producing high quality customer-facing training materials
- Professional spoken and written fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages desirable
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of how training can contribute to the sales effort
- Excellent public speaking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle a large volume of multiple, concurrent requests
- Thorough knowledge of the higher education digital publishing industry, its products, markets, and trends
- Customer-facing personalized customer success, service, account management or corporate training experience desired
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Position Location: This position can be fully remote or based near one of our offices: Cary, NC/New York/Sunderland, MA
GJC Level: I5 (for internal purposes only)
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.