Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid – Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team
The requirement is in the Merchant Helpdesk (MHD) team. MHD is responsible for creating a unique customer experience for Paytm Merchants with optimized operational processes guided by data analytics.
About the role
1. Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems and opportunities for the business.
2. Working on reports, dashboards and automation to provide visibility of MHD health to all stakeholders.
3. Analyzing and preparing data for leadership presentation which should help in taking informed
1. Building a team of DA, MIS to create a centralized data management system, creating KRAs and growth path for the team
2. Design & build process for automated data extraction, report/ dashboard automation, aligning the stakeholders to come to a common platform to increase the data visibility, execute the same with process team define SLA & KPI for the same
3. Partner with operations teams (in-house and external), identify and track appropriate performance
measures, key performance indicators and associated drivers.
4. Work with data-engineering and data science teams on designing, building and deploying data analytics systems for large data sets and extracting meaningful data for the ops team.
5. Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for merchant experience model development, validation, implementation and continuous data analysis.
6. Develop metrics and action points that can be used to drive inhouse and external ops performance improvement and scalability decisions.
7. Drive team performance as per business objective & strive for higher targets on time to time basis
8. Design dashboard for merchant communications and automate to supplement the effort of internal
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
1. High level of drive, initiative and self-motivation
2. Ability to take internal and external stakeholders along
3. Understanding of Technology and User Experience
4. Love for simplifying
5. Growth Mindset
6. Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
7. Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations with 7+ yrs experience with real data
8. Innovative and strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers.
9. Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, Python) , data visualization (Tableau, Power BI etc.), Data extraction tools (Oracle, Hive, MySQL) and presentation (MS Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
10. Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
11. Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly verbally and in written form.
12. Ability to deliver performance, manage deadlines and effectively prioritize work
13. Candidate must have detailed & goal oriented approach, ability to execute faster & better is must
Graduation & above.
Why join us
1. A collaborative output-driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology.
2. Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
3. A solid 360 feedback from your peer teams on your support of their goals
4. Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of thestory!