Job Location: San Francisco, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Data & Shared Services Engineering team is responsible for upholding the resiliency, integrity, and availability of our data which is the very foundation of the PlayStation Network. Our specific team Nimbus is responsible for all the NoSQL databases that live the ex-Kamaji AWS accounts. We have a large portfolio of different database technologies that we manage and engineer against through our use of our own automation tooling. Furthermore, we are constantly looking at new database technologies that will enhance our platform’s features, resiliency, and cost efficiency.
- Understand our existing database technologies and analyze where further efficiencies can be implemented
- Understand how a large network system is run and the safeguards put in place to achieve high availability
- Explore new database technologies that can be implemented in the PlayStation Network to enhance platform features, increase resiliency, and reduce operational overhead
- Collaborate with other engineers to create robust automation solutions
- Projected to graduate in 2024
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science (or another related) field
- Interest/broad understanding in database technologies
- Strong programmatic skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Eagerness for continuous learning through collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Curiosity and excitement for new/unexplored domains of technology
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.