Job Location: Norfolk, VA
We invite you to explore a future with us at PRA Group, a diverse and growing company that has a tangible impact on the global economy.
We’re based in Norfolk, VA… but you don’t need to be…
This is an entry level Data and Analytics role in the area of Strategy charged with maintaining and troubleshooting SQL coding processes for the purpose of managing segmentation criteria for US Core Operation channels. This role is focused on querying and analyzing the business performance to facilitate improvement to the segmentation criteria, processes, and activity decisions being taken. This role is expected to assist with the management of account inventory, collection activity, and customer data by maintaining operational activity segmentation selection (SQL based) processes and their required monitoring and controls for quality assurance. The Analyst role will be responsible for building ad-hoc queries to conduct intermediate level analysis to measure the impact of strategy improvements and provide recommendations for strategy testing and criteria adjustments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 2-4 years of professional analyst related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong skills such as ability to create fairly complex queries such as Joins. Left joins, Pivots, etc.
- Ability to write SQL code for intermediate query level functioning including the ability to:
- Import data into SQL Server from various sources (text files, spreadsheets, Access DBs)
- Export data out of SQL Server to various targets (text files, spreadsheets, DBs)
- Execute existing T-SQL Queries and Scripts; Modify T-SQL Queries and Scripts; Create T-SQL Queries and Scripts; Data Mining/Preparation Skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete basic business problem solving task assigned
- Ability to interpret data, identify trends, and report data findings
- Intermediate level of analytics autonomy and independence.
- Project implementation focus. Capable of project day to day oversight on task needed to execute.
- Must have effective organizational, time-management and high attention to detail skills.
- Strong data analysis capability with technical knowledge
- Ability to mine, clean, and manage large data sets and troubleshoot data issues identified
- Knowledge of data preparation methods: handling of missing data and general imputation
- Strong excel skills (charts/graphs/formulas/macros)
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned
- Data analysis & reporting using Oracle SQL, MS SQL, and other statistical tools
- Execution and troubleshooting of SQL Stored Procedure processes
- Conduct analysis to identify the impact of process changes in areas of opportunity for segmentation improvements and process changes.
- Enhance the monitoring and control mechanisms to strategy owned processes to ensure we maintain compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain Policy and Procedure documentation along with change management and testing documentation as required.
- Dig into data and raw information through statistical analysis to discover trends and patterns that can be used to extract valuable business insights
- Participate in ad-hoc analyst tasks in addition to day to day process execution tasks.
- Maintain and oversee the performance of champion / challenger testing processes as it relates to existing activities or other alternative strategies being developed.
- Build and maintain Power BI dashboards for showing activity performance as it relates to strategy processes being maintained by the department.
- Identify issues and process improvement opportunities and work with other areas of the business to analysis, report and resolve discrepancies (including taking ownership of actions/projects where appropriate)
- Partner with compliance to ensure processes are aligned with regulatory and risk mitigation criteria. Identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
At PRA Group, we’re committed to helping our employees reach their highest potential by offering competitive salaries, proprietary training programs, tuition reimbursement programs, comprehensive healthcare, dental and vision benefits, maternal and paternal leave, holiday pay and PTO, an employee assistance program, and valuable opportunities to establish a long career within our organization .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.