Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Analytical Programmer RPS North America
Seattle, WA; Houston, TX; Charleston, SC
Full-Time (possibility of hybrid/remote)
RPS North America provides engineering, environmental, and scientific advice across the US and Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of consulting services and technology solutions to support our clients in all sectors of the economy. We serve as the North American platform of RPS Group, one of the world’s preeminent consultancies.
RPS is an oceanographic consulting firm seeking a highly motivated individual as an integral part of a team of specialized data analysts for a full-time position including benefits. We are seeking a self-starting individual with a positive attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. This person must have an exemplary work ethic, think critically, communicate, and collaborate effectively with the team, be able to manage an incoming workload across multiple projects, and be flexible to work longer hours when needed to meet deadlines. This person must be eligible for a US government Common Access Card.
Technical Capabilities Include:
The ideal candidate is a hard-working, self-starting, solution-focused individual with a “roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality and the following qualifications:
- A high level of proficiency in python and MATLAB code development to include:
- writing and implementing customized code in python and MATLAB for time series analysis and visualization
- working with MATLAB toolboxes: Mapping, Signal Processing, Database, Statistics and Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Azure cloud resources, particularly Databricks
- Experience working with interdisciplinary science and engineering teams
- Familiarity with best practices for QC and analysis of real-time and in-situ time series data
- Familiarity with code version tracking and maintenance of legacy code libraries
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
Additional Desirable Capabilities Include:
- Familiarity with dredging practices and operations including cutterheads and hopper dredges
- Application design
- Oracle database experience
- Processing of measured physical oceanographic data including waves, currents, water levels and winds.
- Familiarity with a variety of physical oceanographic instrumentation including ADCPs, met and wave buoys, wave radar systems, and LIDAR
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Program development in MATLAB and python
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Professional client interaction
- Maintaining excellent communication among the data team, with management, and with clients
- Quality assurance of incoming data
- Quality control of outgoing data
- Providing high-quality products to clients within their deadlines
What RPS Offers in Return:
RPS is an industry leader, and we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain exceptional talent by treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage for employees and families, with no waiting period and generous contributions to monthly premiums.
- 401(k) Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 5% of eligible compensation
- Share Purchase Plan, which enables employees to purchase shares via payroll deductions at 85% of market value, with the Company matching employees’ shares 1:1
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care costs
- Performance-based bonus program
- Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays
Working at RPS:
RPS is a dedicated team of talented scientific and technical individuals working together to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions to meet their evolving needs. Our global footprint enables us to work with a variety of government and private client through diverse projects.
RPS North America provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or other protected characteristics. RPS complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and requirements governing nondiscrimination in every location in which we operate.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future.
Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviors every day. Our behaviors define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work.
‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviors and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognize the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs, resumes, or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.