Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experience for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
Technical Architects are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. They are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security. They are also responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from Amazon Web Services, GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, technical architects also build and develop client applications or bots as part of professional services.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building applications and/or the foundational components/infrastructure of developing on Slack so that technical architects can invest more time and effort on our customers and their overall strategic vision. These frameworks and services enable Slack applications to achieve best in class reliability and scalability while making the delivery of new product features simple and efficient. A qualified candidate will share their passion for excellence and advocate a user-first approach to building high-quality software.
We are a small team making a large impact. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering to ensure we build resilient applications / bots / systems that can scale. We have a strong commitment to quality and understand that simplicity and reliability should be primary aspects of the systems that we build and deliver to our customers. We are ambitious, empathetic, independent, and pragmatic.
What you will be doing
- You’ll design, build and maintain applications and/or the core infrastructure used by Slack Technical Architects to deliver production-ready applications to Slack’s customers.
- You’ll collaborate with peers to triage bugs and troubleshoot complex production application related issues across the Slack application stack, especially with respect to performance, reliability, and scale.
- You’ll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You’ll write, review, and provide feedback on technical design proposals.
- You’ll define SLA/SLOs for your services, manage code deployments, fixes and software updates, and automate our operational processes as needed.
- You’ll review code and get your code reviewed; mentor and be mentored by other engineers. Teamwork is what makes the dream work.
- Drive a quality-first approach to software development and delivery.
- You’ll do the best work of your life, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, and go home on time.
What you should have
- 4+ years experience building large scale systems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, operating system, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- A strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows.
- Curiosity about how things work and when things break you are eager and able to help fix them.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.