Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Washington, DC
As USAC continues to support universal service impacting health care providers, educators, and consumers, it is critical now more than ever that we hire people equally passionate and committed to helping fulfill our mission. We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Data Analyst on our Lifeline team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Program Management you will:
- perform data reporting and analytics, including requirements gathering for reports, aggregating and presenting information from various programmatic data sources for monthly and quarterly reporting purposes.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Data Analyst will develop and produce reports for USAC’s programs, USAC’s business units, and external stakeholders, such as the FCC and telecommunication carriers. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyze large sets of program data to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency, integrity, and stakeholder experience of Universal Service program participants.
- Perform research and analysis using programmatic data, to relay programmatic impacts, trends, patterns, statistics, etc. across the company.
- Recommend program process improvements based on data while maintaining reporting standards while ensuring consistency and quality of deliverables.
- Create and maintain queries using SQL or other programming languages (with a preference for Open Source programming languages such as R and Python) as necessary for consistency and efficiency of data retrieval from various systems.
- Research methods and tools to create efficiency for reporting, GIS mapping, and other analytical and computational processes.
- Design and develop data visualizations using Tableau and other software applications to present program insights, analysis and issues.
- Maintain, develop, and implement policies and procedures that ensure the accuracy and integrity of USAC program data and reporting.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies to ensure the technology architecture and data analysis and visualization tools are in line with company’s evolving business intelligence needs.
- Support managers, directors, and members of the leadership team in various projects, as needed.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Data Strategy Team.
- You possess Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
- You have experience in the data science field performing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis and developing data products and tools that provide actionable insights and strategic guidance to managers and people in leadership positions.
- You have the ability to work independently, but also collaborate and work across other departments as needed.
- You have proven experience working with data warehouse in databases using SQL and programming languages for data science such as R or Python (or a demonstrated capacity to learn them).
- You have experience presenting complex analysis and results in plain English for a non-technical audience using data visualizations (i.e. charts, tables, and graphs) on various software platforms.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, are naturally curious and inquisitive, and are interested in continuously improving our work.
Why Work Here?
A Multicultural Team