Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. Shell aims to establish a new IT hub in Bangalore, and scale it up over a five-year period.
Where you fit in
Global Functions SOM is part of an enterprise-wide IT organization where collaborative working with colleagues elsewhere in GF IT and in ITSO is fundamental in providing high quality, well managed and fit for purpose end-to-end solutions for the businesses.
The Group Controller portfolio is a key business IT application portfolios in Finance IT and in the Shell Group. Errors or delays in processing can incur significant impact on shareholder value, measured in USD billions with significant impact on Shell’s reputation. The Group Reporting applications are some of the most critical systems within Shell. Most applications are Super Prime service level and marked as Business Critical. Several applications contain Most Confidential data and are in SOX scope.
What’s the role
As an Application Support Analyst, you are responsible for delivering smooth operations of the Group Reporting landscapes and their related back-end technology. You manages most operational activities related to processes in the operations management part of the IT delivery. You are also responsible for monitoring the availability and reliability for the landscape that they oversee to meet the KPI’s as agreed in the SLA.
The Application Support Analyst builds the necessary relationships and operational ways of working with stakeholder teams to ensure the effective delivery of their day to day activities. You’ll be working in a 16×5 shift and during certain periods 24×7 shift with on-call outside service hours is part of the job.
Aside from above, you are expected for the following:
- Main priority is the daily operations of the Run & Maintain of the landscapes. (Business Continuity)
- Activities are mainly related to 2nd and 3rd line support
- Monitoring and managing automated tasks (incl. scheduling batch tasks) on application level
- Coordinating and monitoring data distributions, data archiving, reorganization and housekeeping activities in relation to the application(s) environment
- Maintenance and communication related to the application maintenance calendar
- Coordination of application support package installation (with support teams and suppliers) and co-ordination of supplier-initiated changes
- Translate business needs to functions in the systems
- As part of day-to-day job, ensure that all the works are done accordingly to the general controls as per documented in the application summary file
- Execute specific control tasks and reporting by following documented work instructions as part of the segregation of duty as per required in the supported application summary file
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and reporting as applicable
- Participate in project transition to support activities, including application on boarding, scripting, and training, to update skills and knowledge to support new applications; possibly perform testing for projects and/or support changes
What we need from you
- Around 2 to 5 years of experience in application support environment
- Exposure/Knowledge in system operations and expert knowledge of the operational production environments of the specific application portfolios
- Exposure/Knowledge in any of the below skills
- Power BI
- Azure SQL
- Blob storage
- ADLS Gen2
- Exposure in any of the below skills will be appreciated
- SAP Netweaver BW
- SAP BOFC
- SAP FIM
- Fluent in English (Oral and Written)
- Understanding of application landscapes including underlying infrastructure and concepts of application security.
- Able to assess & handle critical situations, and co-ordinate with many team players to restore normal IT service
- Knowledge of service support, operation, and design processes (ITIL)
- Ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Educated to a degree level
- Knowledge of financial processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with system/application development
- Good customer-facing, interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills
- Strong problem analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Very good learning attitude
- Good time management skills; able to multi-task
- Able to work in a cross-functional, multi-application, multi-service providers environment
- The Group Controller portfolio scope is around 15 Business Applications of which most are Business Critical. (Most Confidential)
- Due to the necessary handling of and access to highly sensitive and privileged information, the successful applicant of this position will need to agree to additional background screening to be conducted.
Translated Company Description
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.