Job Location: Chennai
The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities and positions from existing lines of business (Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream) and central teams (PTS, Asset Management Excellence). With a broad geographical footprint, this will enable the new team to support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Work in ASSAI, AIM-EDMS (Doc Management tool), CMMS (SAP) and for Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. With support roles on site engagement & technical & tools forums.
- Perform as a Document Controller & DocData admin
- Analyze data and business processes which includes data cleansing, data mining and profiling, benchmarking, reporting projects for site related equipment and maintenance related activities.
- Monitors functional mailbox for Document Turnovers on daily basis and prioritizes the completion of these document turnovers based on agreed criteria and in line with asset standards.
- Understands data related maintenance reports, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation, and maintenance manuals of OEMs for Downstream (Refineries and Chemical plants) operations. Understanding the functions of the various equipment’s /instruments and knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs) is an advantage.
- Opens each drawing or document and performs quality check based on the Asset’s Document Management standards – returns document turnovers to the originator that don’t meet baseline quality standards. Sends required notifications and closes document turnover per instruction when complete.
- Updates documents to ASSAI, AIM-EDMS, adds metadata and links to FLOC per work instruction.
- Shift work following operating hours of the Downstream operation units across the globe.
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day-to-day operations
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable person, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- The successful candidate should have Graduate or Master’s Engineering degree with 2+ years of relevant industry experience or 4+ years relevant experience in Instrumentation / Mechanical.
- Knowledge in DEP standards for PEFS.
- Skilled in ASSAI, AIM-EDMS work process and process flow.
- Basic understanding of Document controller workflow
- Knowledge in Field and be able to provide analytical solution.
- Excellent communication skills and a quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with a track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem-solving.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement process in TAO
- Competitive applicants will have a proven track record of delivery in Asset and/or Project.
- While the hubs will remain the core locations for SEAM, we will continue to use a distributed working model. This means that our preference is to appoint the best candidate for the job on local terms working virtually from their base country.
- We may make appointments on expatriate terms where it is justified in accordance with the International Mobility criteria for expatriation, but our clear preference is to appoint on local terms and build the local talent pipeline.
- Positions in SEAM will require global travel and flexibility in working hours to manage communications across time zones to influence and support stakeholders and enable business performance. However, flexibility in recognition of diverse family situations will be considered.