Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Jackson, MS
The Qualifications Are
Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance is looking for a Data Analytics intern to join our team for the summer.
- Completion of first year of Master’s or PhD program in Biostatistics/Data Science
- Aptitude for building and implementing predictive models in a highly documented, well presented fashion
- Exposure to development language environments: e.g. Python, Java, Power BI, R, SQL, etc. and applying analytical methods to large and complex datasets leveraging one of those languages
- Preference for working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to present data analysis summary results to team members and leadership
- Attention to detail, willingness to ask questions, ability to follow up
- Initiative, enthusiasm to learn
You Will Gain Valuable Work Experience And Participate In
- Projects that contribute to the success of our business, such as analysis of medical and accelerated underwriting practices, customer and agent behavior, fraud analytics, etc.
- Community service activities
- Networking opportunities
- Interaction with Company leadership
At Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, our Mission is to be the life insurance company of choice for our Farm Bureau family. Our focus is to provide competitive products and superior customer service to our Farm Bureau policyholders and agents, while observing the highest ethical standards. Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company continues to build on over 75 years of success with an outlined strategic vision, defined core values and above all, our employees. Our Company strives to provide a workplace with an outstanding culture, focusing on the development, growth and engagement of its employees.
We are looking for candidates who model our Company’s Core Values that are:
- COMMITMENT TO SERVICE – recognizes that serving our agents, policyholders, and employees is the foundation of our success
- RESPECT FOR PEOPLE- values individual’s unique talents, backgrounds, and experiences
- INTEGRITY- upholds the highest ethical standards in all of their actions
- ACCOUNTABILITY FOR RESULTS -commits to getting the job done by taking ownership of their work
- COMMITMENT TO TEAMWORK – understands, appreciates, and respects each individual’s roles on their teams
- COURAGE TO ACT- acts in the best interest of the Company