Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest-growing mobile provider and leading internet provider. Our tech teams create, develop, and operate leading connectivity products serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We connect people to what’s next.
This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days)
Lead DevOps Engineer with expertise in packaging and delivering software to a production environment. The Lead Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for product deployments and will be the lead for supporting server software installations performed by development, test, and deployment teams. This individual must be well-versed, have the ability to train in automating software deployments as much as possible, using such tools as Puppet, Chef, Python and Ansible.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will lead production support tasks including troubleshooting of system and data issues for both divisional and national systems. This role will be in direct contact with the Production Engineering support team and be the first line of contact for production issues. This role may also include administration and support of third party software. The Lead DevOps Engineer should have expertise with technology (inputs, outputs, and processing flows), and be an outstanding communicator.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Work in conjunction with developers, testers, and deployment teams to create software deployment plans.
Write and update automated scripts for installation of server software products.
Oversee configuring of necessary hardware or virtual machines and operating environments as needed.
Work with developers and hardware teams to update infrastructure and OS for applications.
Perform production installations and upgrades of server software products.
Work with developers and infrastructure teams to install or upgrade third party software
Monitor and advise on system’s performance and reliability
Mentors less experienced engineers.
Leads project-related stand-up meetings
Reviews and provides feedback for all external facing user documentation, including on-line help
Provides documentation support as necessary.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Extensive experience with software source control tools such as Perforce or GitHub.
- Extensive experience with Linux shell scripting environments such as bash
- Ability to write clear technical documentation for use by developers and testers.
- Ability to work under limited direction and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must possess demonstrated in-depth verbal and written communication skills
- Has thorough understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Should be a leader that can facilitate and build team consensus and interact with both the leadership and the implementation teams
- Competent problem solver who can identify and resolve complex issues as part of a team
Bachelor’s Degree or technical field or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Dynamic scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Groovy – 7
Deploying software such as Pexpect, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible – 7
Linux or other Unix systems – 7
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Understanding of robust software development processes and software configuration management policies
- Experience working with agile teams utilizing scrum or kanban
- Experience creating and maintaining virtual machines using VMware or other VM technologies
- Experience supporting HAProxy, InfluxDB, Grafana, ActiveMQ, Artemis
- Experience with Docker and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence, FishEye, and Crucible
- Some experience with Java programming
ESW312 319062 319062BR