Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Fairfax, VA
Be part of a growing team developing and implementing mission-critical solutions for Government customers! If you are ambitious, dedicated and motivated by the chance to implement a cloud-based data infrastructure solution that greatly enhances Government customer ability for financial reporting and research, then CGI has the perfect opportunity for you as an ETL Engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop ETL jobs using AWS Glue that can accommodate diverse and complex data sources, highly complex transformations, and merges. Strong hands-on experience in native AWS Glue ETL engineering, operationalization, automation build-out, integration with other native AWS services like S3, RDS, RedShift & Lambda.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes. Performs testing, deployment, and troubleshooting of ETL issues. Deep technical skills in AWS Glue (Crawler, Data Catalog, DataBrew), Step Functions, Lambda, CloudFormation/Automation).
- Preparation of Design and Test Case Documents
- The Data Engineer is responsible for operationalizing data pipelines that support analytics initiatives for the Client. Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects by working in a fast paced agile development environment.
- The primary responsibilities include designing, building, managing, optimizing and documenting data flows from various sources into our enterprise data lake
- Analyzing and delivering high-quality data, strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality, governance and data security procedures are met while curating data for use in the Data Lake.
- Design and develop Lambda and AWS Batch scripts in Python
- Design and incorporate error handling & Data Quality processes into pipelines and processes
- Design, implement, and analyze robust test plans and stress tests
- End-to-end Implementation of Data Pipelines
- Lead and/or work with cross-disciplinary teams to understand, document and analyze customer needs
- Identify and present a range of potential solution options for any demand, informing stakeholders of advantages and disadvantages of each; assist them in arriving at an optimal solution strategy
- Optimize flexibility, scalability, performance, reliability, and future-proof capacity of IT services, at an optimal cost
- Implement chosen solutions, including infrastructure, scripts, database resources, permissions, source control entities, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) OR 10 years of related experience can be replaced along with a HS diploma/GED
- 6+ years of experience in the field of ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, Data Architecture or similar field
- Problem solver along with ability to multi task
- Proven client management skills
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Cloud experience preferably using AWS
- Expertise in AWS Analytics tools like – Redshift, EMR, Sagemaker, AWS Lake Formation, AWS Glue, AWS Glue Brew and S3.
- Strong hands-on ETL and SQL experience
- Show efficiency in handling data – tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration patterns using AWS
- Due to the nature of this US Government contract, US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain a US Public Trust to maintain employment.
- Prior Housing Industry experience is a plus!
- AWS Certification
- Experience with Python, Redshift
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.