Job Location: New York, NY
What you’ll do
- Design, build, maintain the distributed data processing technology to be used across Spotify
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Maintain system architecture documentation and runbooks
- Build, automate, maintain, scale, and monitor user-facing systems using standard methodologies, with reliability and scalability in mind
- Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to identify and solve exciting problems, crafting an awesome engineering experience within Spotify
- You’ll initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience with either Apache Spark or Beam
- You have experience with large scale data systems
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You have an understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have experience leveraging tools to monitor and alert on issues with your services/pipelines
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow
- Experience with Scala or Java nice to have
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
Learn about life at Spotify