Job Location: New York, NY
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your product lead, design lead, engineering team, and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional partnership between engineers, product managers, and designers to set the right goals and solve problems across our platform.
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and lead engineers to develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization.
- Nurture a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
Who you are:
- You love developing and growing engineers across different disciplines; you thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration, while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
- You strive to cultivate a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a healthy team.
- You have a deep expertise around modern web technologies (React/Next.js), but also know the fundamentals of native mobile development for iOS and Android.
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone
Our global benefits
Learn about life at Spotify