Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: La Jolla, CA
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $570 billion of total capital allocations, including $134 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
StepStone is currently seeking candidates with excellent quantitative, qualitative and interpersonal skills for Intern positions with StepStone’s Data & Analytics Research team. We hire at all levels: candidates should be in pursuit of a quantitative or Economics/Finance bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. The Intern should also have some understanding of R, Python and/or Excel VBA. He/she will adhere to the highest ethical standards, as well as demonstrate maturity, reliability, and attentiveness to detail. Primary responsibilities include:
- Collect private markets data from a variety of internal sources (including MySQL, pdf’s and excel files)
- Find statistically significant trends and develop models to inform our investment processes (R, Python, and VBA)
- Perform ad hoc analysis to be used across StepStone’s research due diligence process (R, Python, and VBA)
- Communicate analyses and conclusions to internal teams; produce written documentation of data, models, and code
Other Requirements include:
- Pursuing BS/MS/Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Econometrics, Statistic or similar
- Demonstrated track record of academic success
- Ability to represent the firm credibly in written and interpersonal communications
- Strong, demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Team player
- High proficiency in Excel (preferable), R (preferable), Python (preferable), or Matlab (optional)
- Experience with MySQL, Power BI, and R Shiny or Python/Django is a plus
- Flexibility—StepStone is a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization; all professionals are expected to perform multiple functions
Working out of 23 offices in 14 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you’ll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Developing People at StepStone
Your employment will also be subject to various firm policies and guidelines, including return to workplace guidelines for your office (which require, where legally permitted, all U.S. employees to have their vaccinations against COVID-19 up to date in order to enter one of our offices or attend a firm-sponsored event).