Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: South Carolina
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Help enable digital transformation and our journey toward digital science!
As the Business Intelligence (BI) Lead you will manage and prioritize BI projects; you will oversee the technical execution of BI projects encompassing research, design and implementation of data platforms, data pipelines, data models, reports/dashboards and data-driven applications.
What will you do?
- Analyze current operational processes/procedures and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Data-warehouse
- Create dashboards in Power BI and Tableau interfacing with multiple financial applications and file systems, including data models, reports, interactive visualizations
- Work in partnership with team and business stakeholders to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information
- Gather and write detailed requirements of user/solution needs, program functions, data integration/transformations, and system/solution design models.
- Review computer system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system
- Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflows as required
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail the operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed
- Lead work on projects that may involve interfaces across diverse hardware platforms, with multiple programming languages, development tools or data access tools
- Upgrade system and corrects errors to maintain system as part of the IT Software Development Life Cycle after implementation
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or computer science; Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of related technical work experience with systems analysis and programming
- Experience with agile development methodologies, tools, and team-based development
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization techniques on database Tables
- Expert level skill in SQL. Writing complex queries using analytical functions.
- Expert in Power BI and Tableau reporting
- Experience with different databases and environments – SQL Server Database, AWS Redshift and Athena
- Experience in data modeling and performance optimization
- Expert in creating and using Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions.
- Expert in creating Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and Exception Handlers
- Strong experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing Business Rules and creating effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency
- Strong experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Version control (GitHub) and Automation (Jenkins) experience is preferred
- Experience with Service-Oriented architecture, design patterns, and cloud-based architecture
- Experience with Reporting platform such as Power BI and Tableau
- Highly skilled in Logical Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Experience with Python and Databricks is desirable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer/business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com