Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Wyoming
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources, and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
How will you make an impact?
- Collaborate: Build partnerships and work in partnership with DBA, Data delivery and other members of IT teams to meet shared objectives.
- Communicate: Provide timely and consistent updates and recommendations on Data Operational issues and improvements to customers.
- Cultivate Innovation: Use Automation, DevOps, and Machine Learning
- Document and publish Data Operations metrics, weekly status updates and issue resolution details.
- Handle time efficiently by balancing between operations management and people management with a prioritization and results approach.
- Be available and participate in Data Operations on-call schedule to address critical operational incidents and business requests.
- Work closely with global IT and multi-functional teams.
- Follow agile development methodologies to deliver solutions and product features by following DevOps practices.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with 5+ years of professional experience in IT; significant years of additional IT experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Recent 5+ years working in ETL, data engineering areas demonstrating cloud platform services and DevOps methodologies.
- 7+ years of experience in IT project delivery or operations or management.
- Background and experience leading teams to perform against a pre-set Service Level Agreement (SLA) standard using a service management tool such as Service Now, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins or Service Desk Express.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in IT operations procedures and support processes.
- Proficiency in ETL methodologies and tools such as Databricks, PySpark, Informatica, Oracle, SQL Server or AWS Redshift type relational databases
- Experience working with cloud platforms, big data platforms, DevOps in operations areas.
- Good understanding of interdependencies between OS/hardware, storage, network, databases, load balancers and their impact on (Data) systems availability and operations.
- Experience building or maintaining solutions using AWS, cloud technologies, DevOps, Continuous Integration and automation methodologies.
- Proficiency in release management, change management, problem management and other IT operational methodologies.
- Good understanding of security principles, micro services, API management, cost and usage management of cloud-based data platforms.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a proven record to logically work through a problem to its successful resolution.
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure situations.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve sophisticated scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.