Job Location: Mountain View, CA
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Mountain View (CA), Seattle, Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
We’re the TikTok Monetization Products data science team, who enables and champions data driven decision making. Our Vision is to become the world class data science team, where data is used rigorously to drive all decision making. Our Mission is to drive monetization and sustainable revenue growth for TikTok through data science.
The Brand Innovation team focuses on branding advertising, Spark Ads and innovative ad formats. We provide branding solutions including common brand ad products (e.g., Reach & Frequency, Brand Auction) and brand ad products that are unique to TikTok (e.g., Hashtag Challenge, Branded Mission). Spark Ads is a native ad format that enables advertisers to leverage organic TikTok posts and their features to advertise for both brand campaigns and direct response campaigns. As a data scientist on the Brand Innovation team, we partner with product managers, engineers and other cross-functional teams in the product journey, providing data insights that support and lead the product incubation and continued growth.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions through data.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data presentation to see beyond the numbers and understand how our customers interact with our brand ads products.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, User Research, Designer and other teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities. Help your partner teams prioritize what to build, set goals, and understand their product’s ecosystem. Guide the teams throughout the product journey using data and insights.
- Collaborate with data engineering to build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products, provide insights and identify new opportunities.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products that serve billions of people and millions of businesses.
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis.
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Sustained track record of driving business value and improving product with data insights, especially in advertising, growth, marketing or relevant domains.
- Fluency in SQL and one other programming language (Python, R, etc.) for data manipulation and data modeling.
- Strong ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication skills to present analysis results to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and effective manner.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]