Job Location: Poona
About Toll Group
At Toll, we do more than just logistics – we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport, or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries.
Play an important role in our strategic journey at Toll Technology Centre (TTC) in Pune, India.
As a progressive technology hub, we strive to continuously improve how we work. As a progressive technology hub renowned supply chain and logistics leader we are committed to delivering on $420 million in technological investments. Working closely with customers, help us transform our core systems, platforms, automations and interfaces for the better. Enjoy a secure, stable and safe environment, collaborating with teams of specialists in a positive team culture. Take on challenges that will grow your problem-solving skills with plenty of on-the-job learning experiences. Share your ideas with caring leaders who look out for you and your well-being and reward your accountability and responsibility with opportunities for progression.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our IT function based in Pune.
As the Data Engineer you will :
- The BI & Analytics Data Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing innovative, high performance and scalable reporting/analytics solutions tailored to solving business issues by leveraging data across the Toll Group
- The Data Engineer will implement complex big data projects with a focus on managing, transforming, analysing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Defines and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business
- Understanding of the application of technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions
- Design and develop highly scalable distributed analytics solutions for efficient analysis and insight generation, using different open source and proprietary tools.
- Work closely with the data scientists, divisional insights teams and business analysts to build and operationalise high-performing analytics algorithms
- Provide input into BI & Analytics strategy based on identified trends and predicted outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To be successful in this role, you will need: Minimum Graduation
- Must have minimum 3 years of work experience on Azure datafactory, Azure synapse.
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience working with database systems and data warehouse solutions
- Hands on experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Sqoop etc.
- Hands on experience in Informatica Big Data Engineering 10.4.1
- Hands on experience in Unix, Shell scripting, Python.
- Experience in Power BI (Good to have)
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
You must be entitled to work in India and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical.