Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Position open to remote: Yes
Who We Are
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
Why U.S. Xpress?
Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
What You’ll Do
As a Business Intelligence Developer Intern, you will be part of a team responsible for owning, developing & maintaining our Enterprise Analytics Applications specifically within the PowerBI environment. This role will closely partner with respective Data Engineering & Data Science teams to help automate, refine and take our applications to the next level and help the team migrate from legacy customer systems to a robust cloud environment. The ideal candidate should have a passion for tackling hard problems and will play a pivotal role in shaping the presenting data in a meaningful way at U.S. Xpress.
- Develop & Support Analytics Dashboards
- Engages in a team environment and completes well-defined tasks to support team goals
- Act as a liaison between End Stakeholders & Data Engineering teams
- Identify, measure, and help implement key business enablers such as process improvements or data visibility
- Analyze information to determine appropriate response
- Develop expertise and understanding of our business model and competitive industry landscape
- Contributes routinely to documentation, backlog refinement, and user stories
- Assist in Refining a Backlog & User Stories
What We’re Looking For
- High School Diploma
- Ideal candidate is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Supply Chain/Logistics or related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Familiarity with Data Dictionaries, Canonical Data Models or Code/Product Documentations
- Familiarity with Data Visualization Online/Server Environments
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Experience adapting to new tools/technologies/languages as the environment changes.
- Experience in Supply Chain/Logistics Domain preferred.
- Basic MS SQL or any SnowSQL Knowledge
- Experience with Python/R preferred
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Data Visualization Tool (PowerBI a plus)
- Knowledge of Data Engineering/Modeling Processes, Agile/Lean processes and SQL DBA work or Snowflake DBA
- Advanced in MS Office Products
- Proactive thinking, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve systems problems and work and deliver results in assigned timeframes
- Ability to develop strong business knowledge with assigned areas
Work Environment / Physical Requirements – Normal Office Settings.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Employees performing this job may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
U.S. Xpress is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.