Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
In Vanguard’s Client Experience & Digital (CXD) department, our goal is to evolve and enhance our clients’ digital experience. The CXD department is organized in cross-functional journey teams, called labs, which operate in an enduring product ownership model. Each lab owns a particular journey (or experience) and seeks to drive continuous improvement within that experience.
The CXD Data Engineering team consists of sub-teams that align to one or more journey families, or cross-journey functions. The Data Engineering team plays a critical role in building efficient data bases, platforms that are designed to drive deep analytics and BI at scale.
1. Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems, and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
2. Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and integrity. Integrates large scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight and make decisions.
3. Translates business specifications into design specifications and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and reuse.
4. Partners with internal clients to gain an enhanced understanding of business functions and informational needs. Gains expertise in tools, technologies, and applications/databases in specific business areas and company-wide systems.
5. Leads all phases of solution development. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients and less experienced team members.
6. Tests code thoroughly for accuracy of intended purpose. Reviews end product with the client to ensure adequate understanding. Provides data analysis guidance as required.
7. Designs and conducts training sessions on tools and data sources used by the team and self provisioners. Provides job aids to team members and business users.
8. Tests and implements new software releases through regression testing. Identifies issues and engages with vendors to resolve and elevate software into production.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.