Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Customer Insights Team
The Customer Insights Team sits within our Marketing Department and serves as a cross-brand analytics resource for our portfolio of brands. We are responsible for analyzing customer & industry data to provide our Marketing teams with rich insights into consumer behavior, demographics, preferences, value, and satisfaction. We work on a variety of projects with the goal of driving profitable growth across our brands, including: customer segmentation, customer journey analyses, market share, and CSAT surveys, to name a few.
Overview of the Manager, Customer Insights role
As a Manager on the Customer Insights Team, you will work closely with our CRM, Digital, and Loyalty teams to understand their data needs and provide then actionable insights that drive business growth. You will oversee all aspects of strategic analytic projects, including developing methodologies, assigning & overseeing analysts’ work, troubleshooting data issues, and communicating insights to various audiences. This is a highly visible role that will allow you to interface with stakeholders across the company and influence marketing initiatives.
- Provide technical insights & guidance to internal stakeholders on strategic projects to help drive business decisions.
- Translate business questions into actionable analyses that yield rich customer and consumer insights.
- Drive the planning, execution, and successful delivery of ad hoc and recurring analytic projects.
- Oversee a team of analysts and provide guidance on all aspects of their work, from reviewing code to career development.
- Support IT initiatives with the objective of data quality improvement, new data capture, and platform upgrades for more efficient customer data consumption and application
- Identify opportunities to improve our insights and processes through using data in creative ways, uncovering new insights, and streamlining processes.
- Support the design, deployment, and analysis of market research surveys.
- Synthesize industry & competitor data to create a holistic view of our position in the market, consumer expectations, and growth opportunities.
- Interface with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior business leaders, to share insights and results of analyses in a clear, compelling way.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Analytics, Operations Research or Computer Science
- 6-8 years of business-based analytics, part of which includes hands-on data analysis experience with SAS, SQL, Python or other similar analytic programming languages
- Advanced knowledge of statistical/ query programming languages such as SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to develop analytic solutions and present findings to various stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and data visualization best practices (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- 1-2 years of people manger experience is plus
- Experience designing survey questionnaires, implementing surveys, and analyzing results is a plus
- Experience in consumer marketing is a major plus
- Experience with multi-channel retail consumer data such as POS & clickstream data is a plus
- Well-organized, high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.