Job Location: Remote
Senior Devops Engineer
Ready to write the best chapter of your career? XSELL Technologies is an artificial intelligence company focused on increasing sales. Our cloud-based machine learning engine uses predictive analytics and natural language processing to equip sales professionals with the best real-time responses, driving improved conversion rates and customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our high performing, collaborative culture. We are passionate about our product, our clients, and our industry leading results.
XSELL is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team who will be responsible for operational tasks such as our cloud infrastructure and security, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring/alerting, database administration, and systems administration.
- Architecting, building, and scaling out our services and infrastructure across AWS and Azure environments
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to build and cloud infrastructure
- Develop CI/CD pipelines & processes to rapidly deploy applications & services with quality, auditability, governance and platform availability in mind.
- Improve observability (Logging, monitoring & alerting), using the Elastic Stack and OpsGenie
- Improve high availability and disaster recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
- Analyze platform and infrastructure usage and performance metrics and develop capacity plans.
- Learning and adopting technologies that may aide in solving our challenges
- Provide L2 – L3 support for incidents by troubleshooting infrastructure and application issues including on-call support as part of the team rotation schedule.
- Support the overall Software Development team to resolve any issues they encounter around infrastructure and development
- Document and present architectural patterns
- Mentor & collaborate with other DevOps and Product Operations team members
- Work with 3rd party infrastructure vendors
Background & Qualifications
In order to be successful, you will need most if not all of the following:
- Linux Systems Administration experience
- Significant experience (if not certified) in AWS and/or Azure platforms and their service offerings solutions and concepts such as HA, DR
- A firm grasp of networking fundamentals particularly in relation to cloud networking architecture, as well as certificate management.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containers
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) – Primarily with Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with formalized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) – Jenkins experience preferred.
- Database administration, security, and tuning in relation to cloud managed Postgres and Aurora.
- Experience using source code management systems such as GitHub for IaC and CI/CD pipeline scripts, and the use of artifact repositories (JFrog Artifactory Experience preferred)
- Architectural and administration knowledge Redis and Kafka
- Experience with observability solutions – preferably with the Elastic Stack
- Professional experience with typical DevOps languages such as Python, Groovy etc. preferred. Knowledge of Ruby/ Java application stacks would also be beneficial
- Knowledge of standard security practices and security standards (SOC2, ISO, HITRUST PCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is preferred
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. XSELL fosters an entrepreneurial, results driven work environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative, inclusive team and be able to grow and develop your professional career.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time