Job Location: Florida
Baptist Health South Florida is once again one of the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! This is the 20th time Baptist Health has been recognized on the list. We have also been recognized for being among the best healthcare providers in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports in its 2020-2021 Best Hospitals and have been honored as one of PEOPLE’s 2020 50 Companies that Care by PEOPLE magazine and Great Place to Work.
Baptist Health South Florida is the region’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 23,000 employees working across 11 hospital campuses and more than 100 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever. Find out why this is the best place to be your best!
Oversee the building and integration of end to end lifecycles of large-scale, distributed machine learning systems using the latest public cloud & open source technologies. Train, evaluate, and debug machine learning models for complex tasks. Lead the team in the development of tools and services for improving ML systems reliability & accuracy beyond modeling choices — model ops. Lead the teams of data engineers to solve complex data problems at scale. Lead technical projects to completion. Collaborate with Data scientists & analysts. Contribute to a team culture that values engineering excellence, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Degrees: Masters
- Additional Qualifications: Masters degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or a minimum of 10 years equivalent professional experience.
- Proven team leadership background in machine learning and artificial intelligence with expertise in one or more of: computer vision, NLP, speech, optimization, deep learning, reinforcement learning, time series, generative models, signals, and distributed systems.
- Strong proficiency in ML modeling frameworks.
- Strong expertise in overall software development approach.
- Significant leadership experience in building end to end data systems.
- Advanced software engineering skills with proven experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
- Proficiency in one or multiple machine learning languages (ex: Python) & development environments such as AWS Sagemaker.