Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Schaumburg, IL
Zurich North America is looking for an experienced Data Governance Analyst to join our growing Data & Analytics team based out of our North American Headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois. While this position will be based out of our Schaumburg Headquarters, we are offering the flexibility to work both in the office and remotely. You will collaborate with your manager to set a schedule that supports you, your customers, and the team. While Schaumburg is preferred, we are open to 100% virtual from your home with the understanding that occasional travel to Schaumburg will be required.
The Data Governance Analyst is responsible for the ownership and accountability for critical enterprise data assets, ensuring they are effectively managed and maintain integrity throughout the ZNA organization.
As part of our growing team, your contributions will directly increase data literacy, data quality and end-user experience. You will assist in defining the framework for our new data governance team that is part of a major strategic initiative. This team is part of the Data & Analytics organization; however, a key part of this role will be to establish working relationships with technical and business leaders throughout the organization both in the US and abroad.
The Data Governance Analyst is also responsible for the following:
Data Asset Ownership:
- Research data inconsistencies and develop recommendations to improve data practices through collaboration with business and technical teams
- Identify data most valuable to the organization and assess alignment with Zurich North America’s strategy towards becoming more data driven
- Chair data governance council discussions, helping to steer the conversations and outcomes to the most impactful data decisions for both critical data elements and business metadata
- Assist in the evolution of the master data management for new and ongoing projects, ensuring consistency and standardization across the organization.
- Collaborate with business units to determine the critical data elements for your data domain and accepted data definitions to use at an enterprise level
- Define proactive and reactive data quality rules
- Analyze third party vendor data enrichment sources, assessing the overall fit within the data domain
- Collaborate with technical team members to ensure appropriate data lineage and standardization of key data elements and metadata associated with your data domain
- Determine data element value, priority, and security level.
Bachelors Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Data Management area
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Data Management area
- Experience with data interrogation/analysis techniques
- Prior Data Governance experience
- Experience managing data assets at an enterprise level
- Ability and experience to champion data literacy and quality as foundational to ongoing success for the organization
- Experience working in the commercial insurance industry preferred
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced SQL, SAS, Erwin, Data Quality Tools, ETL skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Schaumburg, AM – Iowa Virtual Office
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MF1