Job Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Manager On Duty is responsible for managing compliance of all Allegiant Air and regulatory agency policies within the day-to-day operation of the Station. This position also assists the General Manager in leading the base management team for Flight Ops, Inflight, and Maintenance to ensure the following: Safety, Security, On-Time Performance, Teamwork, and continuous improvement of base operations.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Details: N/A
Certification Details: Ground Safety Coordinator (GSC)
Years of Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of airline operations experience.
- Minimum six (6) months of supervisory/management experience.
Valid/Unexpired Driver’s License
- Ability to assess emergency situations in a timely manner, exercising good judgment, flexibility, and ability to respond calmly and effectively. Due to these requirements, Manager on Duty must reside within 60 minutes of assigned airport location.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Highly organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Has a team-based approach and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills.
- Committed to the importance of serving the customer and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to attend and pass required training.
- The Manager on Duty is required to obtain GSC certification.
- Demonstrated experience of leading employees/supervisors/management members.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year of supervisory/management experience..
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Extensive problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain safety compliance of aircraft, customers, facilities, and employee working environments.
- Address issues timely and provide corrective action as required.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal directives and security requirements.
- Audit to ensure quality assurance.
- Maintain a good understanding of process and procedures including local airport requirements and ordinances.
- Assist the General Manager in leading the base management team, developing an environment that promotes safety, security, on-time performance, teamwork, and encourages continuous process improvement.
- Analyze daily performance against critical measures and implement solutions to achieve performance objectives.
- Work with vendor(s) to coordinate GSE repair(s)/scheduling.
- Manage Emergency Procedure Manual updates.
- Ensure compliance of all procedures as outlined in our company manuals and monitor for current revisions and availability.
- Manage and verify customer service and baggage handling quality meets internal standards.
- Ensure establishment of effective and cost-efficient work schedules for Station employees including an irregular operations plan.
- Participate in interviews, hiring, and staffing requirements.
- Coordinate with Customer Relations providing feedback, research, and response for customer complaints/commendations.
- Establish employee recognition programs in conjunction with Corporate initiatives for Station achievements, i.e., safety, performance, and revenue collection programs.
- Establish goals and objectives and consistently measure the performance of the Station ensuring goals are met while using Tableau and Medallia.
- Effectively communicate all airline business to internal and external departments and business partners, to include attending weekly base meetings and local ATO meetings.
- Assist with development of a succession plan for Supervisors and Front Line employees.
- Lead and present investigations for aircraft damage, security issues, OJIs, etc.
- Lead by example, motivate to achieve results by exemplifying integrity, professionalism and excellent communication skills.
- Lead internal auditing processes to ensure continuous improvement and develop action plans based on external audit results.
- Assist in handling and addressing personnel matters to include employee discussions, administering corrective counseling’s, and assisting in investigative processes in conjunction with People Services.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Responsible for quality Air SMS responses.
- Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Airport Agent – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and use hands and fingers to operate various types of tools and equipment (i.e. hand trucks, carts, ramps, tugs, etc.). May be required to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs. and to push and/or pull up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to heights, small spaces, extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to crawl in and out of small spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination Tracking Requirement
Allegiant requires new team members to provide their vaccination status via Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool within 48 hours of receiving notification via company email immediately after being hired. This information is for internal use only. More information will be provided immediately after hire on how to record your vaccination status in our Vaccination Tracking Tool.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.