Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Hartford, CT
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$107,100.00 – $176,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers Enterprise Sales and Service data engineering team construct and contextualize business data for all stakeholders in our organization. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing the value found in sales and service. In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a variety of data programming techniques. You will leverage your ability to design and build data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Product Owners, Developers, and ultimately our sales and service field workers.
What Will You Do?
- Provide Salesforce-specific analytical expertise
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Provide guidance to moderate size team working with complex (type, quality, volume) and unfamiliar data.
- Perform complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for high impact data defects and problems.
- Ensure the team complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols
- Identify gaps, escalating issue to Leadership.
- Review complex data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements. Implement best practices regarding data usage.
- Collaborate with project team and other key stakeholders within the line of business to identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activities.
- Create and present complex (technology and features) data visualizations techniques to help support data exploration
- Data Solutions & Analytics Implementations:
- Partner with Information Technology to architect and develop strategic data solutions including transformation logic, rules, tables, as well as business requirements, governance, and specifications.
- Lead the operationalizing and automation of more complex data (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) products into business.
- Design and lead integration of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Frequently present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
- Ensure business and data users are properly trained on data products/analytic environment. Identify training opportunities.
Data Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and execute data strategies and identify enterprise architecture, platform, application infrastructure needs.
- Integrate work efforts within respective line of business portfolios.
- Effectively manage resources to implement on going projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution.
- Provide leadership by setting priorities, assigning work and coaching / mentoring unit members.
- Ability to work well and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders to create alignment from a delivery and support perspective.
- Mitigate and address risk resolutions and issues related to technical deliveries and integrations; Provide strong problem-solving skills
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship while fostering a team environment.
- Translate highly complex information and effectively lay out pros and cons of alternatives to consider
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience with various file formats, and databases
- Experience in event streaming architecture
- Salesforce experience
- Familiar developing technical solutions in SQL, Python and Java.
- Experience in Relational and Dimensional data models
- Ability to establish credibility, influence, and effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Eight years of related experience
- Highly proficient use of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and a full understanding of modern software engineering practices.
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify and negotiate important tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary and industry trends, and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Strong problem solver who ensures systems are built with longevity and creates innovate ways to resolve issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work collaborate well with team members and business partners.
- Ability to lead team members and help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers. and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
What Is in It for You?
Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.