Job Location: Saint Louis, MO
Responsible for analyzing, reporting, and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. Typically provides technical assistance to lower-level staff.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Implements new processes, process improvements, and best practices related to guarantee monitoring and pass back activities.
- Creates and implements metrics and supports performance measures to establish performance objectives for revenue maximization.
- Creates tools and processes to monitor margin revenue and client retention.
- Monitors revenue performing below thresholds and implements necessary tasks to bring performance to or above targets.
- Implements pricing in the system related to margin.
- Supports the Pharmacy Services team in implementing future revenue, member expansion and growth capacity.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issues and devising the best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- Make recommendations based upon data analysis.
Requires a BA/BS in Finance or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience with Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM), data analysis; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in the Pharmacy Benefit Manager, Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries is highly desirable.
- High Proficiency in Expert level experience in Excel and Powerpoint is critical and strongly preferred in this role.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, and/or Domo is highly desirable.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is strongly preferred.
- The ability to manipulate large sets of data is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience with executive-level communication and presentation skills is strongly preferred
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.elevancehealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.