Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Boston, MA
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
FIS is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit FIS.com for more.
Do you enjoy working with a top-notch team and being part of a growing, profitable company?
If so, then FIS is the place for you. FIS provides a leading in-house payment management platform (SaaS – Software as a Service) that serves high-volume merchants such as Netflix, Overstock.com, GoDaddy, and many more. At FIS, we know that our platform is only as good as the people behind it. We are looking for talented engineers who are eager to learn about our technology and, more importantly, about the details that make our business tick.
We consistently develop and deliver new features onto our live platform. This platform handles millions of merchant transactions around the clock. These features along with our ability to consistently deliver them make us stand out in the highly competitive payments business. Our engineering team is critical to our mission – we are fundamentally a technology company. We succeed by offering innovative features to our merchants while retaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance they require.
We are seeking well-versed QA Engineers and do not hire based on buzz word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. QA engineers are not part of a separate organization; rather, our engineering teams are comprised of both software and QA engineers, who share a single goal – to deliver business value to our merchants.
A comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation are just a couple of the perks offered to FIS’s employees. Submit your application and explore all that FIS has to offer!
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn’t something reserved for people in corner offices. At FIS, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we’re smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze-especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can’t wait to welcome you on board.
- Design and test software for functionality, scalability, and reliability
- Maintain the level of reliability required from a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Work on a core project team alongside software engineers to ensure that quality is built in from the start
- Collaborate with other teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Utilize iterative Agile software development lifecycle
- Contribute to feature requirements using user stories and test cases
- Craft and execute automated regression tests for SaaS platform and UI based features
- Support deployment of new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers that are currently processing
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply your engineering expertise to develop new product features
- “Team focus” with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high level business goals, derive requirements, and create effective testing strategies
- Experience with basic SQL and XML required
- Experience with automated testing methodologies for SaaS platforms and data driven systems required
- Experience with automated UI regression testing tools, Selenium experience is a plus
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- You’re self-motivated with a can-do attitude; others would describe you as dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, humble, and flexible
- Agile Development experience a plus; a willingness to try is a requirement
- Linux/Unix/scripting (e.g. Perl, Python) experience a strong plus
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.