Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Tacoma, WA
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group is currently seeking a full-time BI Report Developer for the Franciscan Business Intelligence. Flexible work schedule, cutting edge software applications, opportunity to work with the data management enterprise function of one of the largest physician groups in the country as it matures. Significant exposure to Franciscan Medical Group managers and leadership, Franciscan Health leadership, and the opportunity to work with corporate staff of the largest non-sectarian health system in the country.
This job is responsible for producing standard and ad hoc reports for the Franciscan Medical Group in accordance with established procedures. Work also includes testing data results and system functionality as requested.
An incumbent utilizes applications/tools and languages such as SQL Server T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Excel, and test management tools, etc. in fulfilling requests.
Essential Job Duties
Responds to requests for non-coded reports; fields customer questions as they pertain to reports.
- Interacts with customers to clarify needs, identify acceptance criteria and to validate deliverables.
- Writes reusable optimized queries and other database objects for data retrieval; assures conformance to established software quality measures; follows established guidelines/processes in authoring customer-facing data visualizations and/or modifying existing reports.
- Authors reports according to specifications, utilizing a variety of data visualization tools and techniques (e.g. SSRS, QlikView, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Responds to questions (within scope of position) and assists customers in understanding report results; files issue reports on behalf of customers, as needed.
- Maintains a Reports Catalogue that lists existing reports by category and definition; assists customers in locating needed data or reports that already exist.
Fulfills requests for data dumps that do not require custom coding.
- Combines data from disparate data sources to produce a correct and cohesive result consistent with customer needs; identifies and employs viable ways to make components reusable.
- Performs related data maintenance activities, including downloading data dumps from remote electronic record systems; assures that correct parameters are supplied; loads data according to established procedures.
Monitors the execution of automated jobs and tasks.
- Creates scheduled processes for data sets that are needed on a regular basis; creates and supports mechanisms by which users may retrieve data on demand.
- Monitors automated processes to assure they run on schedule and complete successfully; performs preliminary troubleshooting in the event of failure.
- Works with data stewards to keep identified data up-to-date or make corrections as necessary; assures that that data is available when, and as needed, for scheduled processing.
Drafts and executes test plans to support functional testing of team deliverables; documents and closes out findings.
- Creates test plans and test scripts based on requirements and standard normal/execution/boundary conditions; documents test results and closes out findings; resolves issues within scope of position.
- Identifies the respective methodology for validating team work products through black box testing; builds parallel databases, tables and other objects to establish a test environment; works with other team disciplines on retro scenarios; builds regression suite to ensure that correct and future chances don’t have an adverse impact on other systems.
- Participates in the software development lifecycle/document review meetings representing the testing aspect; represents the customer perspective during design discussions.
- Authors clear and actionable “bug” reports; files change requests for usability and customer experience.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing (UAT), documents results and reports identified issues; participates in go/no-go decisions based on UAT outcomes.
- Performs data validation and functional testing of current and new solutions created by the BI team.
Performs related duties as required.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities.