Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Houston, TX
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
As an integral member of the Analytics Team, the Senior Specialized Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is responsible for creating advanced, information-based, business intelligence deliverables that will be relied upon by organizational leaders to support critical business decisions. The Senior Specialized BI Analyst will provide domain expertise in one or more specific areas, as required for the position, such as: clinical, consumer experience, finance, human resources, marketing, medical insurance, operational effectiveness and/or supply chain. This position will primarily work, but not exclusively, with customers across the organization in clinical, administrative and/or operational areas to provide analytical insights from reports and/or dashboard visualizations to facilitate discovery of new opportunities, support data-informed decision-making for identified challenges as well as develop new and enhance existing metrics to analyze ongoing performance metrics.
The Senior Specialized BI Analyst will be tasked with domain-specific requests to support transformation of data and information into actionable insights that answer complex business questions. This position will communicate insights and opportunities to leadership, analytical needs to technical teams, as well as serve as a domain expert and mentor to other team members supporting projects that are outside their specialized domain. This position will work with customers to understand and define the problems being solved, procure and integrate the data sources necessary to analyze the needs appropriately, deliver relevant analytics tools to meet customer’s objectives, implement and support the solutions for ongoing utilization.Job Description
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, management information systems, data science, business administration, statistics, or related field or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) or another vendor-neutral analytics certification preferred. Applicable certification or accreditation for domain expertise strongly preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience providing similar analytics services for this role to one or more domain areas, as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience collaborating with customers on the design, creation and execution of analytics deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in building self-service analytic reports, dashboards and/or tools supporting decision-making and actionable metric monitoring by customers.
- Demonstrated experience and successful results from working in a dynamic, matrixed organization with executive exposure.
Advanced proficiency with the following tools, as necessary for position:
- MS Office Suite: Excel (Pivot tables, VBA, Macros), Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access (Required)
- Database querying: SQL
- Visualization tools – Tableau (preferred), Sisense, Qlik or Microsoft PowerBI
- Statistical tools – R, Python, SAS, SPSS or other statistical tools for data analysis. (Preferred)
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced creative problem-solving skills and aptitude to exert influence without authority through interpreting requirements and guiding customers to the desired analytics outcomes.
- Analytic mindset able to draw conclusions from raw data and summarize and present results efficiently using logic and reasoning to identify approaches to problems.
- Ability to visualize data in a meaningful way to communicate effectively the meaning and the necessary action to be taken.
- Act with an intellectual curiosity to obtain insights from data and search for solutions to the problems being explored as well as new ones to be discovered.
- Understand math and statistical concepts to provide analysis to formulate meaningful decisions.
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically with an ability to communicate effectively across multiple management levels.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team under established deadlines to drive critical outcomes.
- Create a positive work environment that fosters successful team performance.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- Serve as the analytics domain expert for assigned area(s) and advise/support others in support of efforts for the domain.
- Act as advisor and mentor to others offering high level support, mentorship, education and training.
- Ongoing interactions with customers, leadership and teams across the organization to enhance knowledge of business, clinical and administrative processes and applications utilized by the various clients.
- Partner with respective customers to identify analytics insights, communicate insights and opportunities across system organizational matrix, in support of system strategic goals.
- Partner with customers and technical teams to design, develop and implement the analytics insights and tools in support of actionable, operational, strategic and tactical metrics for optimization.
- Partner with the greater Analytics team to evolve Memorial Hermann’s Analytics Maturity Level to incorporate the full analytics spectrum of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Collaborate with the greater Analytics Team to develop the data architecture strategy, implementation plan and customer-delivered toolset.
- Active participation in and support of the Memorial Hermann Data Governance Program.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc analysis to produce user-friendly data analysis, insights, reports and/or visualizations for executive and client review.
- Continuous improvement of existing processes to identify data inconsistencies that may impact insights.
- Summarize analytical insights, communicate and distribute insights to leadership as well as across technical teams by incorporating new techniques, initiatives and technologies.
- Provide support from problem analysis through resolution to correct deficiencies within analytic, reporting and visualization applications.
- Continually further analytics knowledge and skill set through various channels to ensure MHHS remains on the cutting edge of the Healthcare industry.
- Key member of the project team responsible for training, coaching and mentoring new analytic professionals to meet the established standard.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff
- Other duties as assigned