Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Plano, TX
Commercial Banking IT is looking for a Big Data Software Engineer with skills and experience implementing large-scale data lakes on internal as well as public cloud platforms. This individual will work with an existing development team to continue to enhance the internal data lake while setting up the foundation for the public cloud data lake migration.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Transforming existing ETL logic into Hadoop/AWS Platform
- Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
- Establish and enforce guidelines to ensure consistency, quality and completeness of data assets
- Apply quality assurance best practices to all work products
- Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget;
- Experience of working in a development teams, using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages, is preferred
- Comfortable learning cutting edge technologies and applications to greenfield project
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience on Cloud, preferably AWS
- 5+ Experience in a Big Data technologies (Spark, Impala, Hive, Redshift, Kafka, etc.)
- 3+ years of Experience in Java Development
- 2+ years of Experience with Python is preferred
- Experience performing data analytics on AWS/Hadoop-based platforms is preferred
- Experience in writing efficient SQL’s
- Experience in implementing complex ETL transformations on big data platform
- Strong Experience with UNIX shell scripting to automate file preparation and database loads
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience in data quality testing; adept at writing test cases and scripts, presenting and resolving data issues
- Familiarity with relational database environment (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) leveraging databases, tables/views, stored procedures, agent jobs, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong development discipline and adherence to best practices and standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- Must be able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization and across multiple locations
- Proficiency across the full range of database and business intelligence tools; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way is a plus
- Experience with data management process on AWS is a huge Plus
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and AI is a plus
- Financial Services and Commercial banking experience is a plus
- Familiarity with NoSQL database platforms(DynamoDB, Cassandra) is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans