Job Location: Brooklyn, NY
As part of National Grid’s continued commitment to safety, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or medical reason can request a reasonable accommodation.
National Grid is hiring a BI Analyst for our IT Strategy & Planning team in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Reporting to the Director of EPMO Reporting & Analytics the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for enabling Data Driven Decision Making at all levels of scales through identification and evaluation of requirements to answer relevant questions and insights creating effective dashboard BI reports and presentations using Data to tell a story.
- Gather requirements for data analysis and insights from key stakeholders
- Build BI Reports, Dashboards and Presentations for both Senior Leadership and End User stakeholders
- Guide senior management towards utilizing value added Dashboards and reports to make data-driven decisions
- Provide Quality Assurance through conducting data compliance and integrity assessments
- Create, Maintain and update reports for full lifecycle
- Deliver in an Agile Fashion embracing progress over perfection to meet business outcomes
- Train End-Users on utilization of reports
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Good leadership skills
- Able to influence business colleagues
- Creative background
- Able to take Big Picture and break down to execution
- Problem Solve
- Analytical processing skills
- Be able to operate with ambiguity in a high paced environment
- Data Minded
- Experience creating executive level presentations
- Relevant business analysis qualification/diploma
- BI report creation and execution
- 1-5 yrs of Agile experience
- 3-5 yrs of PowerBI / Tableau experience
- Power Query / Power automate
- Alteryx experience
- 3-5 yrs of Microsoft Office experience
- Graphic Design background is a plus
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation (“DOT”) covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.