Job Location: Freeport, IL
Job Title: Master Data Analyst
Location: Freeport, IL
Newell Brands is a global marketer of consumer and professional products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn, and work. We are committed to building brands that matter in the lives of the users of our products. We are also committed to leveraging the scale of our company to bring the power of a multi-billion dollar business to bear on each of the business segments through shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our global sales are approximately $6 billion and we have a strong portfolio of globally recognized brands including Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rubbermaid, Coleman, Graco, Calphalon, and Teutonia. We are headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to an IT Master Data Manager within Global IT Master Data Management, the Master Data Analyst will focus on the SAP Global Customer and Vendor domains. As a Master Data Analyst in the Global IT Master Data Management organization, he/she will be responsible for executing best in class master data management principles to drive master data quality utilizing controlled repeatable, simplified processes. In addition, he/she will execute tasks to implement the Global IT Master Data Management Strategy to sustain and improve the quality of our master data.
This individual will perform tasks to execute the company’s vision and strategy for global master data management including key processes, improvements, and technologies for Master Data.
This individual will work with the lT Master Data Manager to support Supply Chain (Purchasing, Receiving, Planning, Manufacturing, Shipping, Demand Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, and Customer Service), Customer Development, Finance, Development (Marketing, R&D, and Packaging Engineering), Global IT, and the regions to deliver comprehensive solutions that address enterprise wide business as well as tactical, local requirements.
Business / IT Alignment / Strategy
- Utilizes tools and processes to reduce the total cost of ownership and improve the accuracy, speed, consistency, and reliability of vendor master data management
- Serves as a key resource to implement key business transformation initiatives impacting global organizational, processes, and technology as it relates to Customer and Vendor master data
Customer/Vendor Master Data Management
- Performs the activities to implement the master data management strategy (Spends 40 to 70% of time)
- Adheres to the data governance principles
- Define and execute the master data maintenance process
- Documents master data owners, definitions, business rules, standards, data impact on operations and reporting which will be utilized to maintain the quality of the master data.
- Profiles master data to identify data quality issues and submit requests to make appropriate changes that will increase the quality of master data.
- Participates on master data clean-up efforts
- Adheres to safeguards and controls, data security, compliance, and privacy
- Communicates change effectively throughout the business segment.
- Performs the following master data administrative responsibilities within a business segment (Spends 30 to 60% of time)
- Enters and maintains the accuracy of all the SAP Customer/or Vendor Master’s data elements.
- Creates and maintains customer/vendor master data records.
- Train business users on the master data rules and processes.
- Communicates Customer/Vendor data changes throughout the organization in a timely manner.
- Monitors and resolves all customer/vendor master data quality reports, change notices and exception messages to ensure master data quality.
- Coordinates with Newell Business partners such as GBS, Sourcing/Purchasing, Transportation, Finance, Credit/AR, Marketing, Cust Service, Sales, Tax, Legal, Demand Planning, Audit and Security groups to ensure that all information is timely, accurate and complete as well as to resolve discrepancies
Program / Project Management
- Serves as team member on small projects and global projects where there are impacts to customer/vendor master data
- Meets project timelines and cost expectations on projects. Communicates project status information on a timely basis.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and manage stakeholders’ expectations
Systems Support / Maintenance
- Supports master data management applications for the customer/vendor master data domains.
- Performs tasks utilizing standard support processes and adhering to data policies for customer/vendor master data
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer/vendor master data management, finance, information technology, or operations
- Business background in master data fundamentals
- Financial and operational acumen is recommended.
- Able to work across matrix organizations and internationally to deliver results
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the following business disciplines: Finance, Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Operations, and/or Master Data Management
- Experience in consumer goods industry / manufacturing preferred
- Understanding of business processes
- Experience working with SAP ERP
- Experience with reporting against SAP Master Data tables.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Suite such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or Power BI
Communication / Relationship Building
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work with both the business and IT organizations across matrix organizations and globally to achieve objectives
- Adaptable – must be able to adapt and adjust quickly to changes in business
- Communicates and works effectively with both business users and technical resources
- Demonstrates good communication skills, tact, fairness, and professionalism in dealings with others and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and handling confidential information.
- Conveys information and ideas in a manner that engages and influences the audience
Problem Solving / Analytical Skills
- Ability to solve problems by gathering data from various sources; evaluates alternatives from multiple stakeholder perspectives
- Analytical thinker with high attention to detail; ability to perform work to a high level of accuracy
- Leverages facts, data, and experience in recommending business or IT solutions
- Formulates options, pros/cons, estimates, and presents in an unbiased way – able to assess issues and solutions in terms of financial impact, cost savings, and strategic impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Business or related field recommended, but not required.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.