Job Location: Los Gatos, CA
Los Gatos, California
Remote, United States
Data Science and Engineering
At Netflix, we seek to entertain the world. We have more than 200 million members in 190 countries, reflecting that great stories can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere.
In April 2022, we announced that we are creating a new lower-priced, ad-supported tier for our customers. We are now working toward our goal of providing more choices for consumers and a premium, better-than-linear TV brand experience for advertisers. That said, we are looking for the founding members of this new business area for Netflix!
The Tools & Insights team, within Data Science & Engineering, builds and maintains data storytelling products for Content, Marketing and Advertising teams. Our products are seen as company-wide sources of truth and play a critical role in creating a shared understanding of the success of our titles. We partner with strategists, data scientists and engineers to tell a holistic story through a connected suite of performant data visualization applications. We’re seeking a visualization engineer to own the user experience and data visualizations for our newly announced ads business.
- Self-directed. You enjoy owning your projects and working with product managers and stakeholders to come to creative solutions to our users’ problems.
- You are focused on making data useful to a wide variety of users. You enjoy the challenge of making complex data intuitive to a broad audience. You welcome user feedback and use that information to iterate on your tools.
- Knowledgeable about trade-offs between different chart types and able to make good decisions on how to best represent various types of data.
- Passionate about designing, building, and iterating on interfaces, with a strong sense of the entire user experience, not just the individual pieces. Experience working with design prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch is a plus.
- Experienced working with data from a variety of sources, including API endpoints and relational databases.
- Motivated to explore new technologies and comfortable with self-directed learning.
- Familiar working with data-centric teams on metrics and analytics, and have basic statistical knowledge and intuition.
You can expect to:
- Work on some of the most used internal tools at Netflix, bringing together multiple data sources, metrics and predictive analytics to keep our business informed about how our ads business is performing.
- Work with both creative and business stakeholders to rapidly iterate on your initial designs based on user research and feedback.
- Partner closely with R&D teams to bring new metrics, models and data sources to Netflix.