Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Southfield, MI
Solutions driven success.
RXO brings together massive capacity, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading expertise to keep shippers and carriers ahead of the marketplace. At RXO, we’re looking for innovative and collaborative employees who are committed to solving our customers’ challenges. We know we can do big things when we work together – so join us on our mission to disrupt the industry.
As the Senior Scientist, Data Science, you will manage and lead the data science, engineering and analytics teams in their daily operations. You’ll find yourself immersed in a forward-thinking environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Collaborate with leadership to understand needs and align those with potential data and analytics projects
- Gather and integrate data from various sources for use in advanced analytics efforts
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends, patterns and relationships in complex data sets, using advanced analytics tools and models
- Prepare findings in a professional manner, presenting insightful results and providing actionable recommendations to leadership
- Promote a data-driven culture through ongoing partnership and dialog with the business stakeholders
What you need to succeed at RXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Physics or another analytics-related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in data science or quantitative analytics
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Power BI, Tableau and Oracle BI, as well as Python, R, CPLEX, SQL and VBA
- Demonstrated experience with database design, data models and integration/extraction technologies
- Strong knowledge of statistics; experience using statistical modeling (logistic regression, SVMs, etc.) to solve business problems
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, including linear/logistic regression (advanced predictor selection techniques), classification (decision trees, random forests), Support Vector Machines (SVMs), neural networks, etc.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Data Science or a related field
- 5 years of experience in data science or quantitative analytics
- Experience with text analytics (semantic analysis)
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review RXO’s candidate privacy statement here.