Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Rockingham, NC
Performs intermediate skilled technical work performing consulting and analytical work for assigned departments, working with business units and end-users to review, access and develop improved business processes and procedures, providing technical support and training to staff, preparing reports, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Chief Information Officer and direct supervision of the Business Systems Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as knowledge expert for business specific systems utilized by all staff and related personnel of the DHHS department.
- Develops processes and workflow improvement processes; continuous process improvement efforts.
- Develops functional documentation for projects and system enhancements.
- Assists with developing solutions for aging information processing systems.
- Ensures that the Agency is in compliance with applicable Federal and State Information Technology requirements.
- Coordinates information technology training needs for Agency staff.
- Provides ITS project support and assistance for assigned projects until completed.
- Serves as project manager for assigned DHHS projects.
- Provide support to other project managers and team members as necessary.
- Coordinates the scheduling of ITS projects and other related tasks with the ITS department.
- Works with vendors as needed. Must have the ability to professionally and tactfully interact with endusers, peers, vendors, government officials, general public.
- Prepares reports and other types of correspondence; maintains files and records.
- Limited troubleshooting and diagnostic performance testing on computers and hardware to assist IT.
- Manages all software applications utilized the DHHS.
- Assists with preparing the operating and capital improvement budgets for ITS systems support, maintenance and the purchase of new equipment.
- Serves on teams and / or committees as assigned.
- Administer end user relationships and exceptional customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of County and Department policies and procedures; thorough knowledge of daily operations and maintenance; thorough knowledge of the agency, uses and capabilities of electronic data processing main and peripheral equipment; thorough knowledge of hardware or software procedures and techniques; thorough knowledge of the functions and operating of County departments as it relates to the technological needs of the organization; comprehensive knowledge in preparing detailed reports, spreadsheets and other types of correspondence; thorough knowledge in the use of standard office equipment and associated software; ability to analyze software programs and recommend program adjustments; ability to make arithmetic computations; ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages; ability to understand and apply governmental accounting practices in maintenance of financial records; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with vendors, consultants and associates.
Experience with report writing tools such as crystal reports, COGNOS Report Studio, Query Studio and/or other similar reporting applications highly desired. Additionally, working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or CRM application suite such as SAP, SunGard OneSolution, or JD Edwards highly desired.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
Note: In accordance with State mandates and the Rockingham County Emergency Operations Plan, Rockingham County Health and Human Services staff from the Divisions of Social Services, Public Health and Integrated Health are required to staff emergency shelters during times of disaster. Please be advised that every staff person is eligible to be assigned to an emergency shelter or Emergency Operations Center.