Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Under minimal supervision, designs, codes, configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents, and maintains programs. Uses a variety of software development tools, programming languages and testing/verification applications. Their work adheres to development best practices and quality standards. Gathers business requirements and translates the information into detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written or configured, and to validate that the proposed applications align with both the architectural design and business needs. Works closely with other BIDs, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and internal/external customers.
- Designs, codes, configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents, and maintains self-service reporting assets and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) for the purpose of populating data warehouse assets and sending data outside of data warehouse assets.
- Translates and documents business program needs into a technical solution using visuals and creating data sources, metrics and automation. Visuals, data sources and automation will be created from electronic health record (EHR) reporting tools and databases, (ie Clarity, Caboodle, Epic Registries, Epic Extract Framework, Custom Radar SQL metrics, Data Links, and Predictive Model configuration), cloud reporting systems (ie Snowflake), and other EHR agnostic tools (ie SSIS, GoAnywhere, Tableau, PowerBI, etc)
- Provides analytics that can turn data into critical information in understanding a business problem
- Independently able to provide troubleshooting, maintenance, support, oversight and technical guidance
- Possesses knowledge of workflows in multiple business areas to support data development, analytics and quality improvement activities
- Performs job-related duties in conformance with IS standards and may initiate new/improved standards
- Participates in Agile ceremonies determining the nature and scope of project activities and processes to be developed or modified, working across teams to communicate development dependencies to accomplish final solution
- Works with data architects as the architect designs relational and dimensional data models to verify that the model meets the use cases and aligns with strategic direction
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, liberal arts, computer science, application programming, software development, information systems, database administration, mathematics, engineering, or other related field
- 2 years of relevant experience Required
- 6 months of relevant experience EPIC Cogito Certification within 6 months Required
- Possesses applicable experience with using analytics tools such as Tableau, SQL, Bitbucket, Snowflake, or other similar applications.
- Extensive familiarity with coding via SQL, python, or similar tool.
- Experience managing competing priorities and functioning independently, both virtually and in-person, as part of a matrix team system.
- Possesses a strong fundamental knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- A deep understanding in any of the following areas would be advantageous: Claims/Operations, Medicare, Medicaid, Provider Relationships, Actuarial, or Risk Adjustment.
- Possesses experience with creating and testing self-service products, with the ability to confidently present to end users.
SITE – Priority Health – 1241 E Beltline – Grand Rapids
PH – Advanced Analytics
8am to 5pm
Monday to Friday
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.