Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Bengaluru
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Behind Target’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. We help develop the technology that personalizes the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We’re also the source of the data and analytics behind Target’s Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimization and demand forecast engine. We play a key role in identifying the A/B test opportunities that continuously help Target improve guest experience – whether they love to shop in stores or online at Target.com.
A role with our Marketing and Digital Analytics and Insights group means being a part of the team that enables faster, smarter and more scalable decision-making to compete and win the modern retail market! Here, you’ll leverage data, statistics and visualization to create the actionable insights that deliver value across all Target functions. Our savvy reporting and analytics pros use market-leading tools and data automation to make a positive impact that’s felt across the business. If you’re a lead analyst who can work on autonomous teams, integrate the latest practices with your approach, write code to handle massive scale, simplify complex decisions by providing flexible, fast and sustainable decision-making solutions, then you’ll be very successful in our BIA team!
As a Director in DSA you’ll take the lead as you…
- Support the business with timely insights and data products that inform and optimize decisions across functional areas including, Product Management, UX, Technology, Marketing, and Merchandising.
- Partner with functional leadership (i.e. Product Management, UX, Technology, Digital Merchandising, and Marketing) to influence, create and execute product roadmap.
- Influence business leaders, peers and technology partners to mature data foundations, analytics capabilities and mathematical applications that drive the business.
- Manage multiple resources and analytic projects concurrently to ensure successful completion, including timeliness, quality and impact
- Evangelize the use of analytics and data science
- Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker
- Deliver executive level business case presentations that successfully communicate the team’s work
- Lead best practices in experimental design and test & learn activities
- Translate company strategy into analytic workstreams that support the business
- Raise the collective bar of the team through problem identification, developing solution options, and delivering effectively
- Lead a team of BI professionals and statistical analysts providing strategic guidance on projects and development guidance, which help build Target’s future leaders. Actively mentors team members focused on modeling, reporting, and analytics to be user-centric in delivering high quality results
- Create an environment where data and analytic professionals can develop their skills and grow their careers through taking on increased responsibility and adding value to the organization
- Provide thought leadership in how we measure a business area from the code that we use to collect data all the way to the application of the insights you derive from reports and analysis based on that data – to hold products and businesses accountable for results against goals and objectives
- Effectively communicate, story tell and educate business leaders by leveraging data, insights, testing and measurement plans
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field
8+ years’ experience delivering analytics in developing BI solutions including: analysis, design, coding, testing, and report building across a variety of domains
- Digital – funnel optimization (Search, browse, checkout), experimental design, incrementality analysis
- Merch – Content effectiveness, category performance, quantification forecasting, brand support, brand launches, etc.
- Marketing – Traffic
- 2+ years of leadership, management, and team mentoring experience
- Strong executive-level client facing skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical concepts with confidence to a non-technical executive audience
- Understand the Product model and ability to work and lead an Agile team
- Experience in the Hadoop ecosystem and data visualization tools (DOMO, Tableau, PowerBI) and automation tools
- 6+ years of experience with Web Data i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics (or similar)
- 6+ years of experience with SQL – advanced SQL skills a must
- Strong Experience in designing and reporting of A/B testing.
- Strong MS-Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good understanding of data structures and the designing of algorithms
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts and ability to grasp complex mathematics
- Knowledge of at least one programming language including Python, R, SQL, Java/Scala, etc.
- MS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or other related quantitative field
- Strong analytical skills including model development, hypothesis design and testing, and the ability to teach analytical concepts to others
- Experience leading projects involving complex BI requirements, a variety of business stakeholders, and a team of BI professionals with a variety of skills
- Experience building data governance frameworks
- Proven track record of learning new tools and technologies
- Experience developing future leaders in a data rich environment