Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Winter Park, CO
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play… Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
Discounted tickets for your friends & family
Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don’t worry the uniforms are provided!
The purpose of this role is to leverage consumer and business data and qualitative research to generate actionable insights that unlock opportunities for the business. Provide data and insights regarding customers, markets, revenue and growth opportunities, competitors, and initiative/strategy effectiveness. This position will provide analysis on a formal and ad hoc basis and will develop reporting with the objective of measuring performance and supporting business decisions.
- Develop and support research to define customer behavioral models as relate to brand trajectory, demand forecasting, new products, competitive positioning and other market changes.
- Guide business in decision making and innovations through deep analysis of guest, business performance, and consumer trends through customer surveys, qualitative research, focus groups, CRM analysis, transactional data, customer satisfaction surveys and more.
- Generate in-depth analyses to formulate guest and product-level insights based on customer motivators, behavioral drivers, and marketing programs impacting customer decision making.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to generate analyses of business strategies, marketing strategies to identify and size areas of opportunity to grow and retain guests.
- Assist in all aspects of strategy and analytics including but not limited to customer segmentation and analysis, market sizing and segmentation, new opportunity identification, brand analysis, modeling/sensitivity analysis to support strategic options, competitive intelligence, KPI development and implementation
- Conduct hands on modeling/advanced analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information needed by senior leadership to answer critical questions.
- Manage and execute market research initiatives with a focus on guest experience, product research, customer preferences and attitudes, markets, competitors, and industry trends. This position will manage research methodologies, data requests and survey projects that support strategic initiatives and questions. Research studies will occur on a formal and ad-hoc basis and this role will develop standard processes with the objective of supporting business and marketing goals.
- Develop, implement and report the marketing team’s overall analytics approach and performance metrics to improve business performance and drive revenue growth and guest loyalty.
- Develop, execute and distribute key analytics and insights reporting for marketing team and key business areas. Maintain a knowledge center for the company with access to data, reports, and insights.
- Design and implement ad-hoc research and data analysis that answer specific business questions.
Personas, Guest Journey and Loyalty
- Leverage current and support development of new personas based on research that represent our guests today and guests in the future based on emerging trends.
- Identify triggers in customer journeys that generate loyalty and revenue.
- Manage and execute analysis, insights and trend reporting of Guest Satisfaction/Net Promoter program. Find and provide recommendations to address guest problems and improve pain points. (This does NOT include day-to-day responding to guests or individual level management of detractors, comments, etc.)
Marketing Performance Analytics
- Connect data across multiple touchpoints of the customer journey to drive insights for marketing campaigns that ultimately results in incremental revenue. Ability to connect CRM, social, web, transactional data and financial data in a compelling and consistent manner to evaluate performance.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and financial outcomes to increase profitability. Support the marketing team with data-informed prioritization of projects to balance the support of broad initiatives with recurrent reporting and proactive analysis.
Partnering with Stakeholders
- Support cross functional initiatives to drive actions as a result of business insights (the expectation is that this role can not only analyze data, but also effectively communicate the underlying story and help see the role’s recommendations through to execution)
- Communicate conclusions, implications, and recommendations of analyses in a clear, concise fashion; advise and influence cross-functional business partners to drive more effective product and customer experience strategies and decisions.
- Build meaning connection with Alterra corporate analytics teams to leverage company-wide insights to impact WP
Analytics Technical Skills
- Analyze and organize available data across multiple resorts and business units. Inspect, clean, and transform data while maintaining perspective on the relevant business questions. Query data tables and create new data tables using Power BI, Tableau, Adobe Analytics and/or SQL to provide analysis. Proactively suggest analysis and research based on business objectives.
- Synthesize financial data, market research data, and customer data to support strategic decisions. Query customer databases to appropriately sample and understand customers.
- Create compelling data visualizations, using programs such as Tableau or Power BI, to report and present analysis on marketing efforts, research and segmentation results. Communicate findings with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience: Minimum 5-7+ years progressive experience in analytics and insights work.
- Able to make independent judgments which have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Strong sense of curiosity needed.
- Proven experience providing analysis and insights that had meaningful influence on strategies.
- Demonstrated success working with large and complex data sets. Experience building queries manipulating data with Tableau, Power BI, Adobe Analytics, SQL and/or similar platforms.
- Ability to create reporting and data visualizations to meaningfully tell the story of the data and insights.
- Experience using CRM databases to identify key insights, create reports, and analyze customer behavior.
- Knowledge of marketing, sales, and business processes. Knowledge of brand strategies and measurement of brand attributes.
- Experience designing and executing complex quantitative and qualitative research projects – both short and long term objectives.
- Ability to analyze data and to provide strategic insights with actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner to marketing team members, cross-functional business partners and executive leadership. Strong presentation skills and an aptitude for condensing large amounts of data into a meaningful story are critical.
- Modeling, joining data, querying large data sets, automation of data processes, and development of reporting/dashboards are core functions of this role.
- Education: Bachelor’s or MBA/Master’s degree in related field (marketing, business, business analytics, finance, economics, mathematics) preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or experiential brand is a plus.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain lifestyle.
The base salary pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts’ salary pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts’ total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary pay range: $65,000 – $73,000
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and primarily in the local area.
Hours: This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.