Job Location: Austin, TX
Zenoss is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join a team of Engineers creating breakthrough ITOps and AIOps Platform. We are seeking an individual with knowledge and experience in handling and extracting value out of large volumes of data in Systems Management, Application Performance Management, Systems Monitoring and / or Financial Transaction Management and Monitoring domains.
At Zenoss, our culture encourages team members to ask questions, challenge assumptions, and dig in to address the problems posed with highly distributed cloud and SaaS software systems. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing, organizing, and extracting value from big data collected by Zenoss Cloud. You will also be responsible for implementation and delivery of data-intensive features and functionality for Zenoss Cloud. You will work alongside engineers, Principal Architects, and product managers, and together you will plan and deliver high-value product features with the support of the big data collected in the Zenoss Cloud.
Zenoss offers a healthy work/life balance, a positive work environment, and a host of amenities to enable our teams to do their best work.
We are all currently working from our home offices. Ideally, when we return the right candidate will work from our amazing Austin, Texas headquarters, but for the right candidate we will consider someone who wants to work remotely within the US.
- Design and implement highly scalable, data-intensive, and reliable product features
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams and with Architecture and Product teams to analyze, organize and extract value from Zenoss Cloud big data
- Leverage data science to design and implement new features and functionality
- Learn new technologies quickly and leverage 3rd party tools to speed delivery
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in an enterprise software engineering organization with a focus on data science and/or data analytics
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer on a large distributed team building large scale enterprise and SaaS platforms with big data backends
- Experience with AI/ML and its application to Big Data.
- Experience with data pipelines and CI/CD of big data solutions
- Experience with Cloud (GCP or AWS, Azure) and other SaaS platforms is a plus
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be results-focused, team-oriented, and with a strong work ethic
A candidate’s Work Status* is limited to only those legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without visa sponsorship.*
No third-party candidates, please.
More about Zenoss: Individually Unique. Better Together. When we come together, we accomplish amazing things. Zenoss is an established company with a start-up, entrepreneurial environment. We have a collaborative culture that is focused around making our customers successful. One thing we’re not is a new-kid-on-the-street startup. Founded in 2005, we’re far removed from a few folks in a garage with one great idea. We are a midsize company filled with people who have proven work experience, are smart, nimble, and capable. We have credibility: Zenoss helps world-renowned enterprise customers run their IT infrastructure. Some of the most critical aspects of business rely on Zenoss. It’s exciting to be part of growing and servicing these types of customers.
Job Type: Full-time