Before u proceed below to check the jobs/CVs, please select your favorite job categories, whose top job alerts you want in your email & Subscribe to our Email Job Alert Service For FREE
Job Location: Poona
Job Title :Finance Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
BUK & BX – All locations
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The role holder will be accountable for:
- Manage the effective execution of the core functions of a set of Portfolios and the associated projects and programmes, under a Portfolio / Programme Management Office
- Provide advice, guidance and share best practice on Programme and Project Management processes across resourcing and finance
- Own, maintain and control key data sets/trackers
- Support key financials processes including Outlooks, STP and SLP
- Drive Continuous improvement and automation across existing process to support a best in class function
The role is to support the end to end management across resourcing and finance at a Portfolio level, ensuring the Portfolio operates in control, identifying opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions to address. Upskilling colleagues and providing future learning, ensuring the right processes are followed and adopted.
What we’re looking for:
- Working under the direction of the resourcing and finance Lead, supporting the end to end management of the strategic investment budget and resource plans
- Working closely with key stakeholders including finance business partners, programme managers and PMO to ensure all financial and resourcing processes are adhered to
- Provide ad hoc support to Resource lead with Weekly supplier meetings when required
- Collate and maintain the Portfolio headcount tracker and financial planning tool to ensure accurate and timely information is available to support programmes / portfolios to make management decisions based on insightful MI.
- Support with the extract of monthly resourcing data for Portfolio packs.
- Ad-hoc resourcing and finance queries
- Acting as subject matter expert, sharing knowledge and guidance across resourcing and finance processes
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Strong reporting, analytical and literacy including expertise in excel to enable insightful reporting
- background of operating effectively in a finance or resourcing environment with experience in areas including; data analysis, financial forecasting, reconciliations, SAP
- Manages time well to meet competing priorities and performs well under pressure, including reporting hot spots at month end and external reporting periods
- Influencing / networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions.
What will you be doing?
- Experience in the professional project environment or matrix management structure
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment
- Awareness and a working knowledge of Barclays Change Framework
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and
Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.
#Change Delivery and Service Management